Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'm just so damn anxious to see how we look under Ruff. Ruff may be the perfect coach for Jack. I'm REALLY hoping we get that extended camp for that purpose. We may suck next year again but we should be fun to watch. 

I kind of feel like we are going to be a roided up version of what we saw with Nas last year? If nothing else, I think we are going to be entertaining, and I'm not going to lie....that's kind of an important thing 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I kind of feel like we are going to be a roided up version of what we saw with Nas last year? If nothing else, I think we are going to be entertaining, and I'm not going to lie....that's kind of an important thing 

Yep. We could be a bubble team if we start scoring goals. We won't be able to sustain success that way but I'd rather be losing 5-4 than 5-1 lol.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, the door is open to possibly pull him. If we can the extended camp, and the AHL season happens as they plan (December 4th start), I could see Walsh signing.

It's interesting because I don't know what we do with him. Are doing to that just to put him as a third pairing this year? Or do we want him in the AHL? Defensively, he's simply not ready yet for the NHL. Obviously, we don't know what's going on with the college seasons yet and maybe that is what this is all about.  

Just now, Forge said:

It's interesting because I don't know what we do with him. Are doing to that just to put him as a third pairing this year? Or do we want him in the AHL? Defensively, he's simply not ready yet for the NHL. Obviously, we don't know what's going on with the college seasons yet and maybe that is what this is all about.  

He's almost assuredly heading for Bingo, which is why he probably hasn't been signed yet. If there's no AHL season, we'd rather have him develop in 2021 with Harvard. Once we know what's going to happen with the AHL, we'll get a more definitive picture on what'll happen with Walsh.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm with you here. I want to swing for the fences with every single pick. If it backfires, whatever. We already have depth. Go for broke with this class. 

Would you rather keep the Vancouver pick around 20, or trade down for like two early seconds with someone like Ottawa just to get more cracks at swinging for the fences, even if the quality of prospect declines? 

Just now, Forge said:

Would you rather keep the Vancouver pick around 20, or trade down for like two early seconds with someone like Ottawa just to get more cracks at swinging for the fences, even if the quality of prospect declines? 

Oh, man. Now that's tempting. I guess that'd have to be an in-draft move (obviously) based on the board. If it's looking like Lapierre could fall due to the injuries and I could get him with that Ottawa pick? Absolutely. It's a gamble but it's one I'd be willing to take this draft. You'd still come out with top 6 potential wingers with those picks, at worst.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Oh, man. Now that's tempting. I guess that'd have to be an in-draft move (obviously) based on the board. If it's looking like Lapierre could fall due to the injuries and I could get him with that Ottawa pick? Absolutely. It's a gamble but it's one I'd be willing to take this draft. You'd still come out with top 6 potential wingers with those picks, at worst.

Ottawa has 4 second round picks, plus three first rounders, including 2 in the top 5. I mean, if I were them, with this specific draft, I'm kind of all in on getting as many cracks at the top 30 as I can. Ottawa & Columbus seconds for Vancouvers first (figure around 20), I think that's probably about right. If you go by Bobbie Mac's scouting big board, that would give us someone like Mysak, ROR, Poirer at Ottawa's pick, then Cuylle, Sourdif, Evangelista with Columbus pick. 

Are two of those guys worth say Perreault? Zary? 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Ottawa has 4 second round picks, plus three first rounders, including 2 in the top 5. I mean, if I were them, with this specific draft, I'm kind of all in on getting as many cracks at the top 30 as I can. Ottawa & Columbus seconds for Vancouvers first (figure around 20), I think that's probably about right. If you go by Bobbie Mac's scouting big board, that would give us someone like Mysak, ROR, Poirer at Ottawa's pick, then Cuylle, Sourdif, Evangelista with Columbus pick. 

Are two of those guys worth say Perreault? Zary? 

Not sure. Can you linke Bobbie Mac's big board? I don't know if I could pass on Zary but I could live with giving up Perreault if it meant getting Mysak.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Ottawa's picks lol

Islanders 1st
Islanders 2nd
Columbus 2nd
Dallas 2nd
Winnipeg 3rd

And they have two additional seconds next year. They could make so many trades to pick up players from teams for those picks too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Not sure. Can you linke Bobbie Mac's big board? I don't know if I could pass on Zary but I could live with giving up Perreault if it meant getting Mysak.

https://www.tsn.ca/bob-mckenzie-s-final-ranking-lafreniere-the-surest-thing-in-most-uncertain-draft-year-1.1488272

I only use this for the purposes of the draft because it's more tied in to the NHL landscape as opposed to a Pronman or Wheeler list. obviously the draft will still have some random moments, and not all scouts / teams feel the same so there's some variance, but I think that it's a decent baseline for judging when people may go

• Like 1