Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I was waiting for the location thing to come up...I don't know if that's a thing or not. But I don't know...I mean, I lived in Jersey for a hot minute (though  mostly in Philly), then moved to Ohio and obviously grew up an OSU fan, and I don't hate Michigan. I don't hate the Dodgers. 

So I really don't know if the location thing plays a part of not. 

It doesn't. I don't care what my rivals do and I hate Chicago, St. Louis and Minnesota lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

This guy is almost as bad as Swiss Prodigy lol

I almost said something when he basically stated that the Packers / bears / Vikings weren't a rivalry comparable to devils and rangers lol. 

Then I almost said something again about him basically just having a little brother complex

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I almost said something when he basically stated that the Packers / bears / Vikings weren't a rivalry comparable to devils and rangers lol. 

Then I almost said something again about him basically just having a little brother complex

I'm waiting to see what goalpost he moves next lol.

• Like 1

What in the actual **** is this guys point? He seems to think that he's making one and other people don't get it but, and correct me if I'm wrong, he's moving goalposts or shifting the conversation in other directions.

Like that last response to ZBC where he said the Rangers have no bearing on whether they get Laffy or not. He then responded with "They have no bearing on who wins the Stanley Cup. Your point?"

Like what is this guy even trying to accomplish? Did I miss something?

Edited by beekay414

17 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What in the actual **** is this guys point? He seems to think that he's making one and other people don't get it but, and correct me if I'm wrong, he's moving goalposts or shifting the conversation in other directions.

Like that last response to ZBC where he said the Rangers have no bearing on whether they get Laffy or not. He then responded with "They have no bearing on who wins the Stanley Cup. Your point?"

Like what is this guy even trying to accomplish? Did I miss something?

He's just one of those guys. "If you don't feel this way, you're not a real fan, blah blah blah". The Giants / Dodgers rivalry has been going on for 100 years, over 2 coasts, passed down from great grandfather to grandfather to father to sun, but somehow it's not as big as the Devils / Rangers rivalry that is actually younger than I am. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's just one of those guys. "If you don't feel this way, you're not a real fan, blah blah blah". The Giants / Dodgers rivalry has been going on for 100 years, over 2 coasts, passed down from great grandfather to grandfather to father to sun, but somehow it's not as big as the Devils / Rangers rivalry that is actually younger than I am. 

But the Giants and Dodgers are firmly financially entrenched!!!!!!!

Like the Devils would move any time soon lol. They have rich owners in a building that's 13 years old ffs. There is no risk in them moving right now and probably not for another 20 years, if ever.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

But the Giants and Dodgers are firmly financially entrenched!!!!!!!

Oh, the minute he said that I thought, "yep, there it is. The inferiority complex about being the little brother in the market". 

Sorry I don't have the same mental issues, dude lol. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Like the Devils would move any time soon lol. They have rich owners in a building that's 13 years old ffs. There is no risk in them moving right now and probably not for another 20 years, if ever.

Right? I keep seeing in all these different threads in there about how the owners don't care about money, they aren't trying to pinch pennies, blah blah blah. The team has doubled in valuation since they purchased it. People can't scream that to other fans who denigrate the market and then turn around and play the pauper to justify their insecurities. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The Rangers with Lafreniere are basically the Maple Leafs all over again. Neither team has the flexibility to truly address their blue line and it hinders their ceiling. I'm not even remotely worried about that happening.

It's seriously just his way of trying to flex about how much of a fan he is. That's seriously it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's seriously just his way of trying to flex about how much of a fan he is. That's seriously it.

I love that he says literally nothing in his posts and then goes with the "woke" route in his responses lol. He's another clown to mark off for the "do not respond" list.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

For some reason, it's not posting...but I have it copied in case the site is going spastic 

My "Rags...er Leafs" post kinda lagged too, so it should go through.

EDIT - Site seems to be going spastic lol. Leafs lost. Of course.

Edited by beekay414