Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, hell no. I'd never pick the rangers or flyers lol

It sucks because the Flyers have like 6 guys with elite ratings lol. I'm usually the same few teams (Devils, VGK, Edmonton, Anaheim, CBJ) until I decide to create a team and do an expansion draft or go back to my My Player.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

It sucks because the Flyers have like 6 guys with elite ratings lol. I'm usually the same few teams (Devils, VGK, Edmonton, Anaheim, CBJ) until I decide to create a team and do an expansion draft or go back to my My Player.

I always go expansion draft route. Can't help it.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I always go expansion draft route. Can't help it.

I have a lot lol. I created the Seattle Eagles, with some pretty dope green and black unis, and edited my AHL team to be the Tacoma Totems. I saved that one prior to the expansion draft so I basically have it as a format so I don't have to edit the AHL team again, since they don't give you that option in the "Create A Team" section.

I have a lot lol. I created the Seattle Eagles, with some pretty dope green and black unis, and edited my AHL team to be the Tacoma Totems. I saved that one prior to the expansion draft so I basically have it as a format so I don't have to edit the AHL team again, since they don't give you that option in the "Create A Team" section.

I'm not going to lie....I have been unaware that you could edit the ahl teams. Holy crap. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

lol they give you that option before you jump into the franchise. Otherwise, you're stuck with the basic Burnaby Aces.

This kind of just opened a whole new world for me. I've been thinking about starting a new franchise

Just now, Forge said:

This kind of just opened a whole new world for me. I've been thinking about starting a new franchise

lol have fun with it. I based everything on Seattle due to the fact that they were team 32. I WISH they'd do an in game update where we could choose the Kraken for our expansion team but that would make FAR too much sense for the NHL to do. I wanted to do that as my created team but there's not a single good logo to use for that except letters and that's lame as hell.

I've honestly only done two create-a-teams and both were Seattle. Did the Stallions and Eagles. Stallions were black, gold and grey but I got tired of that scheme because it was too much like VGK so I went with the black, green and grey look for the Eagles. Looks more fluid as a scheme in the game and made for some pretty sweet sweaters.

lol have fun with it. I based everything on Seattle due to the fact that they were team 32. I WISH they'd do an in game update where we could choose the Kraken for our expansion team but that would make FAR too much sense for the NHL to do. I wanted to do that as my created team but there's not a single good logo to use for that except letters and that's lame as hell.

I've honestly only done two create-a-teams and both were Seattle. Did the Stallions and Eagles. Stallions were black, gold and grey but I got tired of that scheme because it was too much like VGK so I went with the black, green and grey look for the Eagles. Looks more fluid as a scheme in the game and made for some pretty sweet sweaters.

I pick Seattle as well, though I can't remember what I named them. I'm sure it was something stupid. I know that their jerseys were hideous though. Some nasty bright green stuff lol. 

In my most recent season, I drafted Raty. He's a stud. I drafted Raymond the year before, but he's largely been a disappointment

I pick Seattle as well, though I can't remember what I named them. I'm sure it was something stupid. I know that their jerseys were hideous though. Some nasty bright green stuff lol. 

In my most recent season, I drafted Raty. He's a stud. I drafted Raymond the year before, but he's largely been a disappointment

What I figured out is if you have a season where a player goes off, they'll maintain that type of production if their upside calls for it. FFS, I drafted Robby Fabbri and he turned into an 80 point scorer lol. My top line was Fabbri, Bjugstad and Pageau and they were the best line in hockey lol.

What I figured out is if you have a season where a player goes off, they'll maintain that type of production if their upside calls for it. FFS, I drafted Robby Fabbri and he turned into an 80 point scorer lol. My top line was Fabbri, Bjugstad and Pageau and they were the best line in hockey lol.

Lol I didn't know that. 

How often do you actually play the games? Do you sim seasons only? 

Lol I didn't know that. 

How often do you actually play the games? Do you sim seasons only? 

I usually play portions of the 3rd period of the last 19 games or so, if it calls for it. I sim up to the trade deadline for my seasons most of the time. Just depends on how I feel. I do play it on easy with some sliders set in my favor just so I can enjoy it more. 

I'll get squirrelly sometimes and sim the entire season but make things go my way (like making Blackwood a franchise goalie because he posted a 1.50 GAA and lead the league in wins). The cool part is, if you take a top 9 guy and he goes for 50 goals or some random stat like that, his upside can move to top 6. The same thing happens the other way, where you draft a guy that has top 6 upside but you put him on your 4th line, for fit, and he drops to a top 9 upside the next year. It's pretty neat.

I don't care about gameplay like the guys that ***** about it on HF. I'm in it for the rosters, jerseys, simming and, well, fun. I mean, my My Player is 15 and I just had him post a 180 point season in the OHL lol. I'm hoping that, when I'm done with the next two years, his potential jumps to franchise but we'll see. He's currently an elite low but I haven't finished the season yet so I don't know what the upgrade will be for his age 16 season.

• Like 1

I usually play portions of the 3rd period of the last 19 games or so, if it calls for it. I sim up to the trade deadline for my seasons most of the time. Just depends on how I feel. I do play it on easy with some sliders set in my favor just so I can enjoy it more. 

I'll get squirrelly sometimes and sim the entire season but make things go my way (like making Blackwood a franchise goalie because he posted a 1.50 GAA and lead the league in wins). The cool part is, if you take a top 9 guy and he goes for 50 goals or some random stat like that, his upside can move to top 6. The same thing happens the other way, where you draft a guy that has top 6 upside but you put him on your 4th line, for fit, and he drops to a top 9 upside the next year. It's pretty neat.

I don't care about gameplay like the guys that ***** about it on HF. I'm in it for the rosters, jerseys, simming and, well, fun. I mean, my My Player is 15 and I just had him post a 180 point season in the OHL lol. I'm hoping that, when I'm done with the next two years, his potential jumps to franchise but we'll see. He's currently an elite low but I haven't finished the season yet so I don't know what the upgrade will be for his age 16 season.

I actually haven't done the my player thing in years, though I should probably give that a shot again. I kind of want to play through an AHL franchise. Just sim the big boy stuff, play some of the ahl games

Just now, Forge said:

I actually haven't done the my player thing in years, though I should probably give that a shot again. I kind of want to play through an AHL franchise. Just sim the big boy stuff, play some of the ahl games

I know it gives you the option to do that. You just have to make the AHL menu the main one by hitting the options button or whatever it is. I haven't done that at all but it's there. 

The my player thing is fun but it's flawed. It bases your performances 6 games at a time so if you sim it, no matter how good you are, and your guy goes scoreless, they demote you to the next line down. It kinda pisses me off because I don't want to play every game.

I know it gives you the option to do that. You just have to make the AHL menu the main one by hitting the options button or whatever it is. I haven't done that at all but it's there. 

The my player thing is fun but it's flawed. It bases your performances 6 games at a time so if you sim it, no matter how good you are, and your guy goes scoreless, they demote you to the next line down. It kinda pisses me off because I don't want to play every game.

I read that it's not as good as the NBA ones. Sadly, I feel like the nhl games have really struggled for a long time. There was a time in the 2000s that they were the highlight of sports games