Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I saw that as well, but I figured maybe we were getting someone back from injury. 

I'd have sent Smith down before white

Yeah we may be getting Jaros back soon.

Same. He needs time to get out of whatever funk this is with no pressure of NHL performance. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Dinosaurs, man. Too much emphasis on stupid crap

I'm over it. If I manage to watch another game this year, fine, but I'm not going out of my way to do so. There's no reason this team should be this lost. It's the coaching and their refusal to have 3 strong lines. They'd rather lean on a 4th line C cuz #faceoffs rather than goal scorers like Tatar because he makes soft plays lol. There is no reason to play any one of Nico, Jack or Dawson on the wing. None. Those are your 3 Cs for the next 6+ years. Quit ******* taking the simple things and making them difficult.

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Posted on hf, and frankly, depressing

Oh over 22 games.
2021-2022 - 9-9-4
2020-2021 - 8-11-3
2019-2020 - 8-10-4
2018-2019 - 9-10-3

lol that's incredible consistency at least

All in all, we're still a bit away but I'm okay with that. We just need to figure out the coaching issues and get the right fit. I think, with the right coach, we're a pretty good team. It's just Ruff puts far too much emphasis in the old school thinking or just flat out pushes the wrong buttons consistently. 

What was my biggest issue with Hynes? The constant meddling with the lines. I said if Ruff didn't do that, I'd be okay with the hire. Well, Ruff has been absolutely terrible with meddling with the lines so I'm completely done with him. He lost me, fully, when he decided to 3C Zacha and put Jack on the wing and then 3C Boqvist and put Mercer on the wing. The man does not understand that, in modern hockey, you need to be able to lean on your top 9, not just your top 6. And you don't slot a 3C in there and then lean heavily on your 4th line C because of some archaic bull**** like faceoffs. Ruff just flat out cannot get a damn thing right and is just throwing **** at the wall, with no plan, to see what sticks. You absolutely cannot do that with a young team trying to find it's winning ways. 

• Like 1