Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

They have Hughes back at center in practice. They also broke up the Mercer / Johnsson / Bratt line. 

I want to kill Ruff, so badly. He just has to meddle with the lines rather than going with what's worked in the past. It's pretty god damn simple.

Zacha-Hischier-Tatar
Johnsson-Mercer-Bratt
Kuokkanen-Hughes-Sharangovich
Vesey-McLeod-Bastian

Done. Wipe your hands clean and move on. But the white haired moron just can't help himself.

Edited by beekay414

lol and this dude writes for, I think, Todd Cordell. How do you have this take and claim to be a knowledgeable hockey guy?

Kingston's team is absolute *** and we're Devils fans. We should know that one player a team does not make. It's not like Wright didn't destroy the WJC or anything and miss an entire OHL season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol and this dude writes for, I think, Todd Cordell. How do you have this take and claim to be a knowledgeable hockey guy?

Kingston's team is absolute *** and we're Devils fans. We should know that one player a team does not make. It's not like Wright didn't destroy the WJC or anything and miss an entire OHL season.

He was seriously a PPG+ player in his D-2 year lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

He was seriously a PPG+ player in his D-2 year lol 

I looked at the wrong year for standings and Kingston is actually doing fairly well but my point still stands when I was discussing it with him. He said that you shouldn't have to look beyond the box score for a #1 overall pick and I think that's nonsense. He writes for the friggin' Devils so he should know just how absurd it is to look at box score production as the sole justification for something. 

He then was intentionally obtuse by saying that he tied Connor Bedard at the WJC and that Bedard was "like 12 years old." He's just a miserable ****, based on what I can tell, so I just figured it's best to not follow the stooge.

You can bet your *** that, when Wright's a bonafide star in the NHL, I'm gonna bury him lol.

Shayna is replacing him, but I guess she'll be covering both the Rangers (part time capacity because they already have another full time writer) and the Devils....sucks that we can't even get a full time solo beat writer at the Athletic lol 

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

California, where hockey rules.

I'm hopeful that Vegas doesn't suffer the same fate as a lot of the california teams and especially Arizona. So far, the support for the team has been outstanding...but they also have yet to be bad. It's the great expansion team outlier of any sport in modern history. 

• Like 1

Better start this time than last game! 

mom not going to bombard you all with questions all at once

can you explain the difference between the C and forwards ? What their responsibilities are. I see the C is like the QB, does that mean they’re normally the best players on the team?