Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

35 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I'm currently writhing in bed with a fever and pounding headache from the booster shot and it sounds like a more enjoyable experience than watching this game. 

I'm pretty sure that is an accurate representation

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

This big news? How long does it normally take prospect goalies to assimilate to the NHL?

It's big news because it means Jonathan Bernier is out for a while. Lindy Ruff said he was "concerned" about Bernier and our back-up goalie spot has been a nuisance for a few years now. Schmid has been absurd in the AHL (8-0-2, 1.60 GAA, .944 SV%, 2 SO) so I'm kinda excited to see what he's got. 

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's big news because it means Jonathan Bernier is out for a while. Lindy Ruff said he was "concerned" about Bernier and our back-up goalie spot has been a nuisance for a few years now. Schmid has been absurd in the AHL (8-0-2, 1.60 GAA, .944 SV%, 2 SO) so I'm kinda excited to see what he's got. 

Seems like a important game tonight. With NYI and Philly after , it could be a nice streak hopefully . 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be pretty surprised if we put in a claim. 

I think we should. We don't have a direct replacement for Subban next season and MDZ at $2 Million for a year is better than bringing back Subban at twice the price. Plus, it allows us flexibility with our blue line depending on the matchup. 

Oh, it also jettisons Mason Geertsen to Pluto.