Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I could have seen some realistic happening with a deal of zajac and speers getting Ryan and Johnson. I don't know that I'd love it, but I can could see some logic behind it.  Then he just added on and it made it less and less realistic. 

My favorite part is the first and second are Tampa, but they definitely don't have one of those this year. The third is supposedly ours, but we don't have a third lol

He saved himself by not naming the years of the picks.

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Maroon to STL for 1 / 1.75. that's a pretty bitter pill tbh.i know he's from there, so maybe not the same for us at that price, but damn

Eh, I'm not too upset. Shero's got a plan methinks. Really interesting to see whether or not the Karlsson deal is really what's handicapping us. Need that saga to be over some time soon.

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Eh, I'm not too upset. Shero's got a plan methinks. Really interesting to see whether or not the Karlsson deal is really what's handicapping us. Need that saga to be over some time soon.

If it is, then we need to get something of legit substance out of it - not just something like Bobby Ryan's bloated contract and some picks or non-nhl ready prospects. Maroon isn't a stud or anything, but sort of annoying that he signed for less than 2 million, plays a position of need, fit in really well with the team in his brief tenure here and performed well, and we have all that cap space. 

Not a major major deal...but just sort of annoying. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

If it is, then we need to get something of legit substance out of it - not just something like Bobby Ryan's bloated contract and some picks or non-nhl ready prospects. Maroon isn't a stud or anything, but sort of annoying that he signed for less than 2 million, plays a position of need, fit in really well with the team in his brief tenure here and performed well, and we have all that cap space. 

Not a major major deal...but just sort of annoying. 

It's a 1 year deal with his hometown team with a supposed handshake agreement that they'll do an extension once January rolls around for another 4 years.

People would be throwing Shero under a bus if he signed Maroon to a 5 year deal. That's essentially what this deal is rumored to be.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

That would make a lot more sense as to why we weren't there. I wouldn't want Maroon on a 5 year deal. 

Yeah, I don't question Shero's decisions tbh. Not until he gives me a reason to which, in 4 years, he hasn't. Not everything has worked out, obviously, but he's made the right decision almost every single time out. Grabner obviously busted for us and we lost that pick but that's really the only thing that stands out. We're not in a position to win a cup right now and Ray, while going hard after Shattenkirk and looking in on Carlson, hasn't made any moves to hinder our future flexibility as a result. I really think we're going to be the 3rd piece in the Karlsson deal and I think we're going to come out of it with pretty good value.