Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

10 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

All of our highest paid players aren't worth what they make lol

And it's not even close lol. It's crazy that we have quite a few bad contracts out there and we still have so much space. I suppose it is the benefit of being bad for so long lol. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

And it's not even close lol. It's crazy that we have quite a few bad contracts out there and we still have so much space. I suppose it is the benefit of being bad for so long lol. 

lol yeah. Obviously doesn't include Hall's $6 Million. Zajac makes $5.75 M, Cory $6 M, Greene $5 M and Lovejoy makes $2.7 M. That's 1/3 of our cap invested in old or not good assets.

We have just been so bad this series defensively. I don't understand how this team is consistently giving up the front of the net...like wide open too. Just completely passive. I never thought I'd miss Colin White but man, what I wouldn't give for that kind of presence in there. 

We have done this weird job where we have locked them down for a long time, and then they get one opportunity and we just give it up. Very frustrating. 

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Lovejoy being absolutely dumb cost us another goal. Why would you go after a dude BEHIND the net leaving the front of the net open? Dumb *** scrub.

stupid rookie type mistakes. May as well be playing Santini in there. 

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Go 100% young. What do we have to lose? No Lovejoy, No Greene, no Stafford, No Boyle. Start Santini, Mueller and Bratt in their places and get Gibbons and Grabner on for PK purposes only. 

Honestly love this idea. I mean, our youth is what put us here. May as well ride with them. 

Big power play here on a soft call...we better score. And naturally, we have absolutely no rhythm going on at the start of the powerplay.