Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Really hoping mikko kokkonen falls to us in the second. I know he's another Lefty, but I think he's a good compliment for dinner if the more offensive guys we have in there and I think he could fast track here to be honest. Always a fan of the liiga guys who play well in that league in their draft year. He's not Heiskenan or anything, but I think he's going to be a quality player and one of my favorites in the second round of he's there

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

With all the talk about Walsh, Davies and Smith, we really forget about Jocktan Chainey. We might actually have one hell of a defensive group in the future. Chainey is developing nicely.

We have to sign him though, i think. He's set to be a free agent June 1 if we don't get an elc signed with him. He may just prefer to become a free agent at this point. Or maybe it's different for Juniors and they go back into the draft. I forget

There's no way we don't get him signed and bring him over, right? He didn't make the roster for world, so he can focus on his career. It's time to at least give him a shot. I believe we have to return him to the shl if he doesn't make the roster, so  not sure what the issue is unless he simply doesn't want to play for us

1 hour ago, Forge said:

We have to sign him though, i think. He's set to be a free agent June 1 if we don't get an elc signed with him. He may just prefer to become a free agent at this point. Or maybe it's different for Juniors and they go back into the draft. I forget

Damn, I thought he was going to be part of the group going forward. There was an article about how thrilled he was to be drafted by the Devils but, who knows. I like the kid and hope to get him signed.

51 minutes ago, Forge said:

There's no way we don't get him signed and bring him over, right? He didn't make the roster for world, so he can focus on his career. It's time to at least give him a shot. I believe we have to return him to the shl if he doesn't make the roster, so  not sure what the issue is unless he simply doesn't want to play for us

I thought the plan was to bring him over? There's been no indication that he doesn't want to play for us.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I thought the plan was to bring him over? There's been no indication that he doesn't want to play for us.

The rumor I'd heard from Masasik on devils daily was that it was boqvist and his people dragging their heels. The devils love him and want to bring him over, but boqvist had been brushing it off. That being said, it seems that was largely because he wanted to play in the world's for Sweden and that was his priority to focus on.

Now that he didn't get picked for the roster, I'm hoping that he's ready to start talking about coming over and it's not something else. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The rumor I'd heard from Masasik on devils daily was that it was boqvist and his people dragging their heels. The devils love him and want to bring him over, but boqvist had been brushing it off. That being said, it seems that was largely because he wanted to play in the world's for Sweden and that was his priority to focus on.

Now that he didn't get picked for the roster, I'm hoping that he's ready to start talking about coming over and it's not something else. 

I won't panic. Even if he doesn't wanna play here, we can always trade him ala Adam Fox. I think he'll be over. I think it's a big reason why we won't sign a top 6 forward.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I won't panic. Even if he doesn't wanna play here, we can always trade him ala Adam Fox. I think he'll be over. I think it's a big reason why we won't sign a top 6 forward.

Yeah, I don't think it's a major issue. I think he probably really wanted to play in worlds. It's a big deal over there.  There's no reason in particular that he wouldn't want to play for us specifically.  I'll get nervous if he's not a dev camp and doesn't sign his elc this summer. But I really want to see him over here. I think he's going to be legit. Boqvist Hughes and bratt could be a super fun line in short time

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't think it's a major issue. I think he probably really wanted to play in worlds. It's a big deal over there.  There's no reason in particular that he wouldn't want to play for us specifically.  I'll get nervous if he's not a dev camp and doesn't sign his elc this summer. But I really want to see him over here. I think he's going to be legit. Boqvist Hughes and bratt could be a super fun line in short time

We're going to be good, relatively soon. I have no doubts about that. This draft class, outside of Hughes, is going to be the feeder class that KEEPS us good going forward, not what makes us good. We've got the foundation, we're just growing. I wouldn't be surprised if we win a playoff series as soon as next year.

• Like 1

The Penguins and Minnesota Wild have a trade proposal on the table with Phil Kessel as the centerpiece, numerous sources confirmed to The Athletic.

It is believed Jason Zucker, the speedy Wild forward who scored 76 goals the past three seasons, would be part of the deal. Minnesota made it clear to other franchises that Zucker, 27, is available. The Penguins and Wild also discussed a couple of players with long-term contracts in Jack Johnson and Victor Rask.

This would be super freaking annoying. I want the Devs to be in on both of those guys 

On 5/23/2019 at 2:12 PM, Forge said:

This would be super freaking annoying. I want the Devs to be in on both of those guys 

I gotta feeling the Boqvist is going to end up as our 2nd line LW. 

Hall-Hischier-Bratt
Boqvist-Hughes-Palmieri

Just now, beekay414 said:

I gotta feeling the Boqvist is going to end up as our 2nd line LW. 

Hall-Hischier-Bratt
Boqvist-Hughes-Palmieri

I don't hate it...I have really high hopes for him. He seems legit. But also scary entrusting that role to him right off. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't hate it...I have really high hopes for him. He seems legit. But also scary entrusting that role to him right off. 

Well, it probably wouldn't be immediate. I could see him being 3rd line and Zacha being 2nd. I want Zacha to stay at C but I have a feeling we're going to move him back to LW and re-sign Boyle for 4th line C.

Plus, it's John Hynes. He'd probably have Kurtis Gabriel or Kenny Agostino at 2nd line LW over Boqvist lol

Edited by beekay414