Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Blake Coleman is scrappy. He's never going to be great, but he could definitely be John Madden v2.0. Maybe somewhere between Madden and Pandolfo. Not as good of a goal scorer as Madden, but much better than Pandolfo. 

The amount of forward talent we have in the pipes isn't going to do him, or Wood, any favors IMO. McLeod, Boqvist, Anderson, Qunneville and Talvitie are all really good top notch forward prospects. Then you've got lesser guys like Maltsev, Zetterlund, Popugaev, Bastian and Seney that could all get the call over them at some point in the future.

Obviously, I'm good with Coleman and Wood being bottom 6 guys so I'd like to use some of that forward depth to go after some defensemen in trades. 

Just now, bkobow05 said:

The amount of forward talent we have in the pipes isn't going to do him, or Wood, any favors IMO. McLeod, Boqvist, Anderson, Qunneville and Talvitie are all really good top notch forward prospects. Then you've got lesser guys like Maltsev, Zetterlund, Popugaev, Bastian and Seney that could all get the call over them at some point in the future.

Obviously, I'm good with Coleman and Wood being bottom 6 guys so I'd like to use some of that forward depth to go after some defensemen in trades. 

For sure, though I do expect some of those forwards to largely be trade bait to be honest. Coleman is definitely only a niche player, but I never would have thought that Pandolfo could have lasted as long as he did lol. I would suspect that Noesen and Gibbons are first on the chopping block. Stafford unlikely to be re-signed. I think Bratt will have to earn his roster spot next year as well. . I'd be hard pressed to see more than 2 of those guys crack the regular rotation next year, so I think Coleman probably has one more year before he really has to fight for it, but I'm really going to look forward to that battle next season. 

Just now, Forge said:

For sure, though I do expect some of those forwards to largely be trade bait to be honest. Coleman is definitely only a niche player, but I never would have thought that Pandolfo could have lasted as long as he did lol. I would suspect that Noesen and Gibbons are first on the chopping block. Stafford unlikely to be re-signed. I think Bratt will have to earn his roster spot next year as well. . I'd be hard pressed to see more than 2 of those guys crack the regular rotation next year, so I think Coleman probably has one more year before he really has to fight for it, but I'm really going to look forward to that battle next season. 

Oh yeah, he's got another year, easy. I'm just saying, all those guys are Shero guys and Coleman was a Lou guy. So he's already at an unfair disadvantage in that regard. Only McLeod and Quenneville are realistic options for 2018-2019 I think. Joey Anderson has an outside shot but I think he's destined for Binghamton. Bastian might get a shot as a bottom 6 guy but I think he could use another year down too.

• Like 1