Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Went back to capfriendly for the 2020 draft. Dallas made the SCF in the bubble and all their picks fell. So, yeah, that Isles 2nd is going to drop back.

Sounds about right for how all of these picks could have gone the last two years

• Like 1

-Trade 29, Reilly Walsh and a flier (Gritsyuk/Pakkila/Pasic) to Minnesota for Matt Dumba
-Sign Brandon Saad to a 4 year deal worth $6.5m AAV (the Palmieri contract)
-Sign Alexander Wennberg to a 4 year deal worth $4.5m AAV (have no idea what he'll actually get so go with me here)
-Re-sign Ryan Murray to a 1 year deal at/or around his current AAV (4.5m AAV) - Not sure where to go here but I want him back at 1/2 years, maybe 3 depending on AAV range.
-Sign James Reimer to a 2 year deal at/or around his current AAV ($3.4m)
Note: I'd rather have Ullmark but I'm not sure he'd sign here to be in a timeshare. Also, assuming Will Butcher is the pick of Seattle in the expansion draft or we give them an asset to take him. This still leaves us with roughly $16m in cap space with probably $5-6m of that going to our RFAs.

Lineup
Brandon Saad | Jack Hughes | Yegor Sharangovich
Pavel Zacha | Nico Hischier | Jesper Bratt
Janne Kuokkanen | Alexander Wennberg | Andreas Johnsson
Miles Wood | Michael McLeod | Nathan Bastian

Ty Smith | Damon Severson
Ryan Murray | Matt Dumba
Jonas Siegenthaler/Kevin Bahl | PK Subban

Blackwood | Reimer

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

That pick is quite underwhelming now. I hope we trade it

Guess we'll find out. I'm still okay with keeping it if we must. Might get a slider that has no business sliding (like a Perreault last year) but if we can get the right guy in a trade, I'm for that as well.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Guess we'll find out. I'm still okay with keeping it if we must. Might get a slider that has no business sliding (like a Perreault last year) but if we can get the right guy in a trade, I'm for that as well.

There's a chance that cossa is the best value lol

1 minute ago, Forge said:

There's a chance that cossa is the best value lol

Isak Rosen, Francisco Pinelli, Sasha Pastujov, Zachary L'Heureux, Stanislav Svozil, Jack Peart, Matt Coronato, Aleksi Heimosalmi, Simon Robertsson, Seth Behrens

There's a ton of interesting players that could/will be around. Enough to keep me interested in the pick if we keep it.

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol got people mentioning "timeline" when it comes to trying to go after Dougie. I can't even.

I mean if you think we are rebuilding for another 4-5 years I guess I could see it 😂

Personally, I think we make a couple of key additions (Dougie obviously a huge part of that) we are competitive next year

• Like 1