Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

If you're the devils, I'm not sure what you prioritize in trades. I suppose it depends on whether they sign any big name guys. If they get Dougie, it makes sense to target some offense. But I don't think we are going to do that, so I'm not sure if we would rather trade for offense, or trade for defense in a big move

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

If you're the devils, I'm not sure what you prioritize in trades. I suppose it depends on whether they sign any big name guys. If they get Dougie, it makes sense to target some offense. But I don't think we are going to do that, so I'm not sure if we would rather trade for offense, or trade for defense in a big move

I honestly have no idea what to expect, period. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Oh, christ. Who said that now?

Triumph. 

If we are making any ED moves, we will know this week. Roster freeze in six days. If we don't take advantage of the ED in some manner, I'm going to be sad

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Triumph. 

If we are making any ED moves, we will know this week. Roster freeze in six days. If we don't take advantage of the ED in some manner, I'm going to be sad

lol Triumph literally doesn't want to do anything, ever. He's an analytics robot and everything involves "cost efficiency" or whatever the hell he claimed about taking on Loui Eriksson for a 2nd round pick. Ya know, like the value of a 2nd round pick is $1 Million so taking on Eriksson's contract at $5m+ isn't worth it or whatever the hell he said. He's just a broken record with these things.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol Triumph literally doesn't want to do anything, ever. He's an analytics robot and everything involves "cost efficiency" or whatever the hell he claimed about taking on Loui Eriksson for a 2nd round pick. Ya know, like the value of a 2nd round pick is $1 Million so taking on Eriksson's contract at $5m+ isn't worth it or whatever the hell he said. He's just a broken record with these things.

Yeah, that's why I don't want to get into it with him. The Loui thing was idiotic. I had a big response typed up to it at one point and then just deleted it and moved on because there was no reason to get into it. What he was going to say was wholly predictable. 

He was also the guy who argued with me about the Vancouver pick last year even I said I wanted it to roll over because I thought there was a chance they imploded this year

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Wasn't he also the guy who advocated against claiming svechnikov because of blocking Nick merkley? Lol

Oh god, yeah. I forgot about that LOL. Yeah, he just needs to come out and say "I don't want to do anything other than build from within" and be done with it. I'm interested to see how he responds to my latest question to him, if at all.

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

That board and their inability to understand nuance, particularly in contracts, is amazing

lol yep. There's no way you acquire a guy like Fiala with RFA status and not sign him long term. The "two years from UFA" means absolutely nothing for us. That's only something that the Wild would have to worry about if he showed any type of inclination to not wanting to be there long term.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol yep. There's no way you acquire a guy like Fiala with RFA status and not sign him long term. The "two years from UFA" means absolutely nothing for us. That's only something that the Wild would have to worry about if he showed any type of inclination to not wanting to be there long term.

It's the same thing I said on the main board about acquiring rielly. So many devils fans, "derp, not trading for a guy who is a free agent in a year". 

Like, you can sign him to an extension in three weeks. Wait until after then to make the trade and have an extension worked out. Acquiring him for a year would be a non starter and nobody should be approaching the idea of acquiring these guys for a year or two

• Like 1