Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Win-win trade for you guys. Must be nice. #notbitter

Yeah, nothing to get super excited about, but hard to hate it. Can't be worse than what we were going to put out there and the value is fine. 

Pronmon released a 7 round mock today. Like...how many LHD do we friggin' need in this system?

New Jersey Devils
1.4 - Luke Hughes | LHD | USNTDP (USHL)
1.29 - Shai Buium | LHD | Sioux City (USHL)
3.68 - Dylan Duke | LW | USNTDP (USHL)
4.100 - Cole Jordan | LHD | Moose Jaw (WHL)
5.129 - Vasily Atanasov | C | Khanty-Mansiysk (MHL)
6.164 - Cameron Berg | C | Muskegon (USHL)
7.203 - Matvei Nadvorny | RW | Dynamo Moscow (MHL)

I'm fine with the first two picks just because it's whatever but I think I'd go...

3.68 - Scott Morrow | RHD | Shattuck St. Mary's (USHS Prep)
4.100 - Red Savage | C | USNTDP (USHL) or Jack Bar | RHD | USNTDP (USHL)

in the 3rd-4th round compared to what he did. 5th thru 7th is just a crapshoot so I don't care enough to project that.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Pronmon released a 7 round mock today. Like...how many LHD do we friggin' need in this system?

New Jersey Devils
1.4 - Luke Hughes | LHD | USNTDP (USHL)
1.29 - Shai Buium | LHD | Sioux City (USHL)
3.68 - Dylan Duke | LW | USNTDP (USHL)
4.100 - Cole Jordan | LHD | Moose Jaw (WHL)
5.129 - Vasily Atanasov | C | Khanty-Mansiysk (MHL)
6.164 - Cameron Berg | C | Muskegon (USHL)
7.203 - Matvei Nadvorny | RW | Dynamo Moscow (MHL)

I'm fine with the first two picks just because it's whatever but I think I'd go...

3.68 - Scott Morrow | RHD | Shattuck St. Mary's (USHS Prep)
4.100 - Red Savage | C | USNTDP (USHL) or Jack Bar | RHD | USNTDP (USHL)

in the 3rd-4th round compared to what he did. 5th thru 7th is just a crapshoot so I don't care enough to project that.

All the left handed D!

Is there a real shot that Seattle take PK? I mean, we have already paid 6 of his 8 million dollar salary this year. The cap hit is huge, but Seattle would only be on the hook for about 2 million in real money. Gives them a name / face, market ambassador...potentially a guy to flip at the deadline for a pick + prospect if he's reasonably competent. 

I can't imagine that they would take him over the others who will be exposed...but....maybe? 

Oh, nevermind. Apparently there was a rule put in place for the signing bonus thing that Seattle has to reimburse any team that has already paid the signing bonus of a player before the expansion draft. 

Definitely won't take PK then. That drastically shifts the dynamics. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't know why, but I really am getting a strong feeling that we are going to make a big push for Dougie all of a sudden. 

Because we're going to go after him. We're going to bring in Lehner as well. Really think we're going to do whatever we can to become a bubble team without spending cap space on non-long term players.

We really should go hard after Jared McCann to fill the 3C role next year. Of course, I don't know what it would take for the Pens to trade him while also losing Pettersson to Seattle. I think Seattle's 100% taking Jared McCann due to the lack of C that usually comes with expansion drafts.

Tho he's probably a better fit at LW due to a career 42% FO% (though it's been closer to 46% the last few years).

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

We really should go hard after Jared McCann to fill the 3C role next year. Of course, I don't know what it would take for the Pens to trade him while also losing Pettersson to Seattle. I think Seattle's 100% taking Jared McCann due to the lack of C that usually comes with expansion drafts.

Tho he's probably a better fit at LW due to a career 42% FO% (though it's been closer to 46% the last few years).

The problem is, we are crap trade partners because we can't really give them back anything of substance with regards to immediate contributors and exempt. I'd be all over it otherwise

Just now, Forge said:

The problem is, we are crap trade partners because we can't really give them back anything of substance with regards to immediate contributors and exempt. I'd be all over it otherwise

Depends on how they feel about our guys. They may not be immediate out of the gates but we can dangle guys with pedigree and upside like Boqvist, Foote or Bahl. I mean, who would've thought someone would've wanted Maltsev as part of a package?

Just now, beekay414 said:

Depends on how they feel about our guys. They may not be immediate out of the gates but we can dangle guys with pedigree and upside like Boqvist, Foote or Bahl. I mean, who would've thought someone would've wanted Maltsev as part of a package?

I feel like the maltsev add may have been a baseball situation... "Here's a list of prospects you can have... Choose one" 😂

I have considered moving bahl, but I won't mention it on HF lol