Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It doesn't. There's no way the nhl would allow that to be considered playoffs for trade conditions when we could then end up with the number one pick in the draft from a selection that wouldn't exist

Yeah, until we see something concrete from the NHL themselves, I'll reserve judgement. I feel like they are all taking that passage from that article and misinterpreting it. Even Frank Seravalli from TSN is passing it along. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, until we see something concrete from the NHL themselves, I'll reserve judgement. I feel like they are all taking that passage from that article and misinterpreting it. Even Frank Seravalli from TSN is passing it along. 

I just said the same lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You gonna ask HF if they'd involve Severson in a Boeser deal? Or are you not gonna start up that eventual cesspool of an argument? lol

I actually put it in for the main board. Only got one response from a guy who seems to have a solid rep ( I've seen people call on him to gauge trades before) and he thinks we'd have to add significantly even with sevs. That would be a non starter for me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I actually put it in for the main board. Only got one response from a guy who seems to have a solid rep ( I've seen people call on him to gauge trades before) and he thinks we'd have to add significantly even with sevs. That would be a non starter for me

Yeah, if they are dealing him for cap purposes, there's no reason to add significantly to Severson. I may do Severson and Boqvist along with NYI's 2021 2nd but that's about the extent of where I'd go for him.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, if they are dealing him for cap purposes, there's no reason to add significantly to Severson. I may do Severson and Boqvist along with NYI's 2021 2nd but that's about the extent of where I'd go for him.

I could be on board with something like that

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I could be on board with something like that

If it'd help get it done, I'd take back Sven Baertschi or Brandon Sutter as well. I'm not sure I'd be willing to take on Loui's contract whatsoever though, unless they'd settle for much, much less. No matter how good Boeser is, he's not worth basically $12 Million a year and 2 roster spots lol.

Just now, beekay414 said:

LOL I love how Vancouver fans think Boeser WITH Loui should still net them a top 10 pick. 

Yeah, that's insane. I think a top ten pick is close on his own, but if I'm taking on that grenade, hell no

Everyone is talking about Boeser, and one of the Canuck fans brought up that the Devils should target Virtanen instead. 

I'm kind of into this. Former first round pick who has gotten better every year, currently 23 years old, so locked in for at least 4 more years (rfa right now). Right handed right wing, which we need badly (even more so if Goose and Palms bail). Scored 18 goals last year; 27 of his 36 points were even strength. 

I'd be into this kind of move. 

I offered Virtanen + Sven Baertschi for Bastian + Mueller / Carrick + NYI 2021 second round pick. I think that Vancouver would have difficulty finding teams that can clear up cap space for them to get to resign guys like Taffoli and Markstrom if that is really what they are doing. That deal basically clears 4 million at minimum for them in 2021. 

• Like 1

So I have no idea how or why this happened, but I just got a first hand look at why that place is horrifically run and a cesspool sometimes. 

Seriously, no idea where it came from. Had never spoken to this poster before in my life (someone from the main board), but he quoted me and all his post said was that I was a POS. Seriously. That post was then deleted (assuming by Mods), and he posted it again. Only this time he added that he hoped I would die from dysentery. I told him to stay classy, and he replied simply saying "your mother is a wh***". 

Seriously. 

I have no idea what caused him to quote me (the quote wasn't directed at him or anything like that, and weirdly is a post that is somewhat well liked as it has 15 likes LOL) and start doing that. 

17 hours ago, Forge said:

So I have no idea how or why this happened, but I just got a first hand look at why that place is horrifically run and a cesspool sometimes. 

Seriously, no idea where it came from. Had never spoken to this poster before in my life (someone from the main board), but he quoted me and all his post said was that I was a POS. Seriously. That post was then deleted (assuming by Mods), and he posted it again. Only this time he added that he hoped I would die from dysentery. I told him to stay classy, and he replied simply saying "your mother is a wh***". 

Seriously. 

I have no idea what caused him to quote me (the quote wasn't directed at him or anything like that, and weirdly is a post that is somewhat well liked as it has 15 likes LOL) and start doing that. 

Sorry homie, was on a boat getting sunburned all day yesterday lol. Where the hell did this happen?

• Like 1