Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

14.4% for Garoppolo vs 19.7% for Rodgers. Yeah. Don't ask me who I'm advocating fore there lol.

Oh Jimmy won't be that high next year. No way in hell. He'll be less or he'll be gone. His contract is almost all base now. I'd be surprised if he's gone, so you can almost guarantee he's extended, and structured, spread out, etc. 

Just now, Forge said:

Oh Jimmy won't be that high next year. No way in hell. He'll be less or he'll be gone. His contract is almost all base now. I'd be surprised if he's gone, so you can almost guarantee he's extended, and structured, spread out, etc. 

Still...a decent game manager who can't win you games on is own (see: Super Bowl XIV) or the most talented QB to ever step foot on a football field. Which do you choose.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, we're talking about the best to ever do it. If he's back because we drafted a QB in round 1 of a pandemic, I'm all for it. 

He's always been that type who would take great personal affront to something like that. Which is funny given the icy relationship between he and favre 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He's always been that type who would take great personal affront to something like that. Which is funny given the icy relationship between he and favre 

That might've added to it tenfold lol. From getting passed up for d1 scholarships, to the Niners passing on him, to sitting for 3 years, to having his replacement drafted the year he signed an extension. He's an emotional cat and he's still as good as anyone ever. He's 36, 37 in December, and he can still make every throw known to man. He was a magician today. Pisses me off that we went 13-3 in a year he was being a stubborn butthole and got embarrassed by a team that threw the ball 8 times lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Still...a decent game manager who can't win you games on is own (see: Super Bowl XIV) or the most talented QB to ever step foot on a football field. Which do you choose.

I don't pick the guy at 20% of the cap. Can't do it. You can't win the super bowl that way. The highest ever is like 13%. 

I mean, for entertainment value, give me Rodgers lol. But if you're trying to win the super bowl, I don't know that you can work it that way even if Rodgers is Rodgers and Jimmy is Jag (which he is... I've been advocating to money ball QB under shanny lately until they have a real quarterback). Can it be done at 20%? I really don't know. I know how outpost would answer lol

I don't pick the guy at 20% of the cap. Can't do it. You can't win the super bowl that way. The highest ever is like 13%. 

I mean, for entertainment value, give me Rodgers lol. But if you're trying to win the super bowl, I don't know that you can work it that way even if Rodgers is Rodgers and Jimmy is Jag (which he is... I've been advocating to money ball QB under shanny lately until they have a real quarterback). Can it be done at 20%? I really don't know. I know how outpost would answer lol

Well, too be fair to Rodgers, his defense/ST has **** the bed on numerous occasions costing him a shot at disproving that theory. If anyone can do it, it's Aaron Rodgers. I have no doubt about that.

If the guy is a transcendent talent? Yeah, I give him the contract. If he's Jared Goff or Dak Prescott? **** no. Walk, give me the comp pick and I'll replace you like you never left.

Rookie QB contracts are such a massive advantage

Yes, but you have to get insanely lucky on that QB. I trust Russ Ball to build the team in GB. It takes so much more to do what we've done over the last decade than it does to do what the Niners did. We've had a shot every year with Rodgers at QB. The Niners were 4-12 two years ago.