Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Well, too be fair to Rodgers, his defense/ST has **** the bed on numerous occasions costing him a shot at disproving that theory. If anyone can do it, it's Aaron Rodgers. I have no doubt about that.

If the guy is a transcendent talent? Yeah, I give him the contract. If he's Jared Goff or Dak Prescott? **** no. Walk, give me the comp pick and I'll replace you like you never left.

Yeah, if he's transcendent, you have to. I think you have no choice and you just try to mess around with the cap hits each year. You may punt the bigger call hit years, but have good shots in the lower year ones.

I'm be curious if mahomes can break this trend

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, if he's transcendent, you have to. I think you have no choice and you just try to mess around with the cap hits each year. You may punt the bigger call hit years, but have good shots in the lower year ones.

I'm be curious if mahomes can break this trend

Rodgers will do it first. Mark. It. Down.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yes, but you have to get insanely lucky on that QB. I trust Russ Ball to build the team in GB. It takes so much more to do what we've done over the last decade than it does to do what the Niners did. We've had a shot every year with Rodgers at QB. The Niners were 4-12 two years ago. 

You may be there soon. When your QB goes kaput, easy to fall into that, though the niners have been basically been trying to make competent quarterbacks work, not elite QBs. Hope Love is the guy.

I think almost everything stems from a QB. The chiefs are relevant the next decade because of mahomes; not sure how much they really have to work at outside of that. They really just have to not mess it up.... I'm only mildly jealous lolol.  If you brick that pick every franchise is in trouble . There aren't enough truly elite, transcendent talents but if you find one, they are going to keep you afloat. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

You may be there soon. When your QB goes kaput, easy to fall into that, though the niners have been basically been trying to make competent quarterbacks work, not elite QBs. Hope Love is the guy.

I think almost everything stems from a QB. The chiefs are relevant the next decade because of mahomes; not sure how much they really have to work at outside of that. They really just have to not mess it up.... I'm only mildly jealous lolol.  If you brick that pick every franchise is in trouble . There aren't enough truly elite, transcendent talents but if you find one, they are going to keep you afloat. 

I'm a Love guy. I was absolutely thrilled when we took him. It's better to get the QB before you need it than wait and overpay later. Let Love sit behind Rodgers and thrive. It's not like we haven't had success with doing that prior. Though, I'm not worried. I'm in the now with #12 still playing. He's still as good as anyone in the league when he gets out of his own way and I trust he'll do it this year. We comin'. Belee dat.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm a Love guy. I was absolutely thrilled when we took him. It's better to get the QB before you need it than wait and overpay later. Let Love sit behind Rodgers and thrive. It's not like we haven't had success with doing that prior. Though, I'm not worried. I'm in the now with #12 still playing. He's still as good as anyone in the league when he gets out of his own way and I trust he'll do it this year. We comin'. Belee dat.

That was a statement today. I appreciated it though, as I had the over

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Also, @Forge y'all ain't won a Super Bowl since Young. We've won 2. 

tea gossip GIF by Wendy Williams

That's okay, I've won two national titles in college football and three world series since that last super bowl, not to mention the Stanley cups the devils grabbed. Can't win it all, you know? 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's okay, I've won two national titles in college football and three world series since that last super bowl, not to mention the Stanley cups the devils grabbed. Can't win it all, you know? 

Oh, you act like I don't know what it's like to win a Natty in college....

jFG04v1.jpg

YOU AIN'T SPECIAL WEST COAST BUCKEYE!!!

P.S. That's 3 since 2005 as well. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm not even sure we field a basketball team some years 😂😂

lol UNC is like NJD for me. I was born in Charleston, moved away but I fell in love with the Tar Heels as a young kid. I remember crying when we lost to Arkansas in the 1995 Final Four. I was 8. 

Very similar to how I fell in love with the Devils after losing to the Rags in 1994.

• Like 1