Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

As was said on HF, we should give Pietrangelo a godfather offer and make him say no.

A godfather offer basically means we are tapped though. We only have about 10-12 million in space and he would account for pretty much all of that. And we'd still have considerable LHD issues on the left, no scoring depth and no back up goalie. I don't think that I would love it unless they decided to go full on capped out and have more money to spend. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

A godfather offer basically means we are tapped though. We only have about 10-12 million in space and he would account for pretty much all of that. And we'd still have considerable LHD issues on the left, no scoring depth and no back up goalie. I don't think that I would love it unless they decided to go full on capped out and have more money to spend. 

I'd do it for Pietrangelo tbh. 

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'd do it for Pietrangelo tbh. 

I just want Fitz to remain patient. I think that is going to be a huge deal. Montreal was one of the few teams in the league with money and cap space, and they have already blown like 8 million of it on JAGs who likely would have much lower price points the closer we get to certain dates. 

As a fan, I want us to make moves so freaking badly lol. But I think he's doing the right thing by playing chicken with some of these other teams and waiting them out. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I just want Fitz to remain patient. I think that is going to be a huge deal. Montreal was one of the few teams in the league with money and cap space, and they have already blown like 8 million of it on JAGs who likely would have much lower price points the closer we get to certain dates. 

As a fan, I want us to make moves so freaking badly lol. But I think he's doing the right thing by playing chicken with some of these other teams and waiting them out. 

lol yeah. I think my itch will be scratched to the fullest come the draft, which is like 17 days away.

I hope Pietrangelo doesn't go to Colorado. Don't know if they have a cap or not but they have $22+ Million in space and their RFAs are Zadorov, Graves, Nichushkin, Burakovsky and Jost. They'd have to move on from two or three of those guys in order to do it IMO but it's feasible. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I hope Pietrangelo doesn't go to Colorado. Don't know if they have a cap or not but they have $22+ Million in space and their RFAs are Zadorov, Graves, Nichushkin, Burakovsky and Jost. They'd have to move on from two or three of those guys in order to do it IMO but it's feasible. 

I think Toronto is going to push all in on AP.

I know that Dubas seems to want to keep that core together, but I'm sorry, if you have a chance to dump Nylander for really good assets, and get AP, you do that 100 times out of 100. They are a much better team with AP in there rather than Nylander, and the latter has really nice trade value. People keep saying that they could drop Johnsson, Kerfoot & Andersen, but then they have no goalie and Kerfoot / Johnsson aren't enough to get AP, so they really need to do ship off Nylander (or even Marner if they can really find a taker for that cap hit) 

• Like 1

I think Toronto is going to push all in on AP.

I know that Dubas seems to want to keep that core together, but I'm sorry, if you have a chance to dump Nylander for really good assets, and get AP, you do that 100 times out of 100. They are a much better team with AP in there rather than Nylander, and the latter has really nice trade value. People keep saying that they could drop Johnsson, Kerfoot & Andersen, but then they have no goalie and Kerfoot / Johnsson aren't enough to get AP, so they really need to do ship off Nylander (or even Marner if they can really find a taker for that cap hit) 

If they want to move Nylander for zero space, I'd offer #20 and some ELCs for him.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

If they want to move Nylander for zero space, I'd offer #20 and some ELCs for him.

Yep, for sure. I'd even make it bigger if they want. They can throw in Johnsson and I'll give them Wood while retaining 500K. I'd give them 18 instead of 20, I'm fine with that, and whatever prospect. Hell, I wouldn't even care it if was someone like Foote. 

Could you imagine giving up like 20 + Foote for Nylander? Basically would mean that we trade Blake and maybe an additional spare part or two for William Nylander LOL. 

But I could see how we make good trade partners in a couple of ways. Wood for Johnsson makes a lot of sense; Someone put on the main board Johnsson & Dermott for Wood + 2021 second, which I'd be good with. 

Zacha could probably be a good fit for them; cheaper than Kerfoot. Wood is cheaper than Johnsson. 

• Like 1

Yep, for sure. I'd even make it bigger if they want. They can throw in Johnsson and I'll give them Wood while retaining 500K. I'd give them 18 instead of 20, I'm fine with that, and whatever prospect. Hell, I wouldn't even care it if was someone like Foote. 

Could you imagine giving up like 20 + Foote for Nylander? Basically would mean that we trade Blake and maybe an additional spare part or two for William Nylander LOL. 

But I could see how we make good trade partners in a couple of ways. Wood for Johnsson makes a lot of sense; Someone put on the main board Johnsson & Dermott for Wood + 2021 second, which I'd be good with. 

Zacha could probably be a good fit for them; cheaper than Kerfoot. Wood is cheaper than Johnsson. 

Yep. I think we match up extremely well and I hope we are the team that Toronto looks to, as long as it involves Nylander and not just Johnsson and the like.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. I think we match up extremely well and I hope we are the team that Toronto looks to, as long as it involves Nylander and not just Johnsson and the like.

If they wanted to dump Marner at a discount, but it still had to include #7, would you do it? 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Hard to say no but I'd probably decline just because I want no part of that contract.

The contract and cap hit is just so rough. Real dollars is fine...I think he makes 7 million real cash from here on out...but 11 million cap hit in a flat cap era and it walks him right into free agency. Granted, that's 5 years away, but not ideal. 

Dubas got his but kicked in RFA negotiations the last couple of years lol

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

The contract and cap hit is just so rough. Real dollars is fine...I think he makes 7 million real cash from here on out...but 11 million cap hit in a flat cap era and it walks him right into free agency. Granted, that's 5 years away, but not ideal. 

Dubas got his but kicked in RFA negotiations the last couple of years lol

Yeah, if it didn't walk him into UFA, I might do it but IMO he's gone as soon as that contract expires. No chance he doesn't go into UFA no matter where he is.