Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Reading some of the other boards on hf, the canes fans are posting some interviews from the team and it's sounding like they won't take askarov? I'm a little surprised if that's the case, tbh. 

Fans are assuming they are leaning goal scorer. 

Please, Ottawa, take him at #5.

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Please, Ottawa, take him at #5.

giphy.gif

No way he goes before us in my opinion. 

I'd much, much much rather get our forward at 7 and then use both picks to to like 13 to take him there if we are going to take him. If we have to have him, that's the way it needs to happen. 

Just now, Forge said:

giphy.gif

No way he goes before us in my opinion. 

I'd much, much much rather get our forward at 7 and then use both picks to to like 13 to take him there if we are going to take him. If we have to have him, that's the way it needs to happen. 

I just don't want him at all. I didn't fall in love with Perreault and Greig just to see them play for the Rangers and the Flyers lol

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I just don't want him at all. I didn't fall in love with Perreault and Greig just to see them play for the Rangers and the Flyers lol

I wouldn't complain about him at 18 or 20. Kind of the same premise as taking Perreault or Gunler at that point...just sky high ceiling, and I'm fine with that. It wouldn't be what I do, but I can't really complain about it. 

That being said, sounds like Detroit is possibly keying in on Rossi, which isn't surprising. I felt like that pick would be Rossi or Perfetti pretty much the entire time. But its weird that line is being drawn...I feel like Stevie Y wouldn't be that obvious about it. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't complain about him at 18 or 20. Kind of the same premise as taking Perreault or Gunler at that point...just sky high ceiling, and I'm fine with that. It wouldn't be what I do, but I can't really complain about it. 

That being said, sounds like Detroit is possibly keying in on Rossi, which isn't surprising. I felt like that pick would be Rossi or Perfetti pretty much the entire time. But its weird that line is being drawn...I feel like Stevie Y wouldn't be that obvious about it. 

Well, then I hope Ottawa goes with a forward at #5 because that guarantees us one of Sanderson or Drysdale at #7. 

I just don't really want Askarov. Maybe if we traded back from #7 to like #10 and gain Winnipeg's #40 pick (that I'm not sure they'd part with because their next pick is in the 5th round). Nashville might be an option for a trade back as well, due to having #37 and #42, but they are always a threat to take Askarov themselves. 

It all just depends on how the draft falls. I would be livid if we took Askarov at #7 over Raymond or Drysdale/Sanderson. 

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Alright, last time before next Tuesday. What's your ideal draft @Forge?

Don't really have an ideal draft, because I'd be good with a lot of combos. Guys I don't want at 7 are perfetti, askarov, Quinn. 

If we miss a dman at 7, I want to punt first round defense so together. 

At 18/20, one of the picks has to be perreault, gunler, or maybe bourque. It has to be a high upside guy, even if the floor is never making the nhl. The other pick round kindly be the opposite for me. 200 feet, try hard guy who can maybe be the third guy on a second line with Jack. Holloway, reichel, etc. Wouldn't hate another super high upside guy though

I don't want Guhle. Fine prospect, but what he is we have a ton of. Okhotyuk, misyul, bahl and vukojevic are so the same as Guhle. 

Honestly, I'd really like to trade up from 18. After about the top 14, I'm very meh on the rest of the first round. If askarov is there at 18, I almost think I would advocate for him at this point just looking at what is likely to be available

Or trade 18 or 20 for a ready player who is young. 

Also, I would definitely trade down from 20 to 29/8 with Ottawa for a couple of late seconds. At pick 20, I legitimately feel we are almost at dartboard territory, so give me more throws

I'm still pissed Nashville lost lol