Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

4 hours ago, Forge said:

This is what it's like to play us right now. 

It's ******* embarrassing. This team has been lost since the opening week of the season and yet Shero refuses to fire Hynes. This is not something I'm able to wrap my head around. 26 games into the season and we'd probably lose to Bingo right now. Hynes has to be gone BEFORE tomorrow's game. How many chances does he need?

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

It's ******* embarrassing. This team has been lost since the opening week of the season and yet Shero refuses to fire Hynes. This is not something I'm able to wrap my head around. 26 games into the season and we'd probably lose to Bingo right now. Hynes has to be gone BEFORE tomorrow's game. How many chances does he need?

I don't get it. We've now lost back to back games 11-1 to Buffalo and the rangers. We were down 3-0 today before we registered a shot. This is horrific. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't get it. We've now lost back to back games 11-1 to Buffalo and the rangers. We were down 3-0 today before we registered a shot. This is horrific. 

It's obvious to everyone but Shero that Hynes lost this team a long time ago. If we lose tomorrow or even play like **** and somehow manage a win, Hynes has to be fired first thing Wednesday morning. Honestly, he should be fired first thing Wednesday morning no matter the result vs Vegas.

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's obvious to everyone but Shero that Hynes lost this team a long time ago. If we lose tomorrow or even play like **** and somehow manage a win, Hynes has to be fired first thing Wednesday morning. Honestly, he should be fired first thing Wednesday morning no matter the result vs Vegas.

That's what a lot of people think. After we drop the next one, he's gone. If he lasts the entire season, I think I'll freak out

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's what a lot of people think. After we drop the next one, he's gone. If he lasts the entire season, I think I'll freak out

If he lasts the entire season, we risk stagnating the young guys even more. They need new blood in there because every single one of them have stopped developing. Hynes and his staff are cancer.

Just now, beekay414 said:

If he lasts the entire season, we risk stagnating the young guys even more. They need new blood in there because every single one of them have stopped developing. Hynes and his staff are cancer.

The Twitterverse is an amazing place with regards to the devils and things being saidlol

But I agree. I don't even know who you put on the bench, and  I don't care. Any change is a good one at this point.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The Twitterverse is an amazing place with regards to the devils and things being saidlol

But I agree. I don't even know who you put on the bench, and  I don't care. Any change is a good one at this point.

Just go full on Devils legends for fan service at this point. Elias as the HC and runs the PP, Stevens runs the D and PK, Marty the goaltending coach. 

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Just go full on Devils legends for fan service at this point. Elias as the HC and runs the PP, Stevens runs the D and PK, Marty the goaltending coach. 

I'm in. 

Sadly, Stevens would be needed to fill a spot in the top 4 still

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm in. 

Sadly, Stevens would be needed to fill a spot in the top 4 still

We just need to simplify things for our defenders. This "chase your man" **** is dumb and nobody does that in the NHL. Nobody knows what the hell to do in our own zone lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

We just need to simplify things for our defenders. This "chase your man" **** is dumb and nobody does that in the NHL. Nobody knows what the hell to do in our own zone lol.

Our "systems" across the board are some of the worst in the NHL

2 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Parlayed all 5 games last night, only game I lost was you guys.  7-1?!?!?!  RIP $300

What in the sweet baby jesus were you thinking? lol. 

We are already looking forward to drafting Lafreniere