Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I think we'll make a trade though. We'll make a deal with Tampa IMO. As has been mentioned a lot, but Killorn makes sense. He can slot in as our 2nd line LW for now.

We may not have the ammo for killorn without giving up a first. I'd guess that he nets a second

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Eh, maybe, maybe not. I think they'd take the 2021 2nd and an ELC for him.

He does make a lot of sense if we go that route. I'd assume we trade for one defense too... Maybe we will wait and see where pie ends up

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Same here, but someone posted the comments he made about specific players, like Rossi being all bottom lol

I don't think I want Rossi, man. I just question the ceiling and fit. Can he play LW well? Really don't want to spend #7 on a 3rd line C if he can't.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think I want Rossi, man. I just question the ceiling and fit. Can he play LW well? Really don't want to spend #7 on a 3rd line C if he can't.

Not sure. I'm not overly concerned about the center issue. I'm not even sure Jack is a center yet. But I think Rossi could lose a lot in transition. 

Here are the comments Fitz made

Fitz's thoughts on the top players:

“They all intrigue me,” Fitzgerald said. "They’re all different. Raymond and Holtz, different. Rossi, different. Perfetti, different. Drysdale and Sanderson, different. They’re all just different players.

"Rossi’s 5-10, but 185 pounds. He’s all bottom. That’s a strong bottom. That’s unique in players. Sanderson … is he going to drive numbers? I don’t think so, but he’s going to play 25-plus minutes a night when he’s at his peak. Drysdale moves pucks extremely well. He’s an undersized defenseman, but he’s a right shot.

"Raymond, look at what he’s doing now in the (Sweden’s top) league. When he gets stronger, what’s he going to look like? He’s more of an East to West magician type of winger than Holtz.

“Cole Perfetti, he’s probably the smartest player in the draft. He’s not the fastest or biggest guy, but he’s smart and skilled. That’s the hard thing about scouting. But we’re getting a really good player at seven.”

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

I just dunno, man. I kinda have the feeling that I'm going to be down on whoever we pick at #7 but hyped for who we get at #18 and #20.

I haven't decided how I'd actually feel about Rossi. He's my #6, so can I be upset? Same for holtz. He's #7. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I haven't decided how I'd actually feel about Rossi. He's my #6, so can I be upset? Same for holtz. He's #7. 

I mean, I won't be upset. I'll just be less enthused than I would had we gotten Sanderson/Drysdale. I think Jarvis and Raymond are the two guys that I'd be hyped for that aren't those two. I want upside, not safe. Rossi or Perfetti just feel like playing it safe types and they are both two guys who have skating issues that may cause them to underwhelm as top 10 picks. I know that STI says Rossi's skating isn't a true issue but I have my doubts.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I mean, I won't be upset. I'll just be less enthused than I would had we gotten Sanderson/Drysdale. I think Jarvis and Raymond are the two guys that I'd be hyped for that aren't those two. I want upside, not safe. Rossi or Perfetti just feel like playing it safe types and they are both two guys who have skating issues that may cause them to underwhelm as top 10 picks. I know that STI says Rossi's skating isn't a true issue but I have my doubts.

The thing I hate is that people always have to reference Point when talking about Rossi. Makes me nervous when everyone reaches for one specific player as the comparable for success for someone with a somewhat unique build it set of circumstances

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

The thing I hate is that people always have to reference Point when talking about Rossi. Makes me nervous when everyone reaches for one specific player as the comparable for success for someone with a somewhat unique build it set of circumstances

Yeah, you can't always use the exception to the rule.

• Like 1