Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Good thing the Bucks play tomorrow night so I don't have to watch Palms float all god damn game and the Caps getting whatever they want whenever they decide to throw the puck at the net.

Whatever. I'm at the point where I'm not playing Palms anymore. Can't risk him getting hurt. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Damn, Jack made a really nice play and just couldn't finish it. 

Did you notice that, on that shot, it hit Palms stick dead center cuz he kept it on the ice? I have a feeling he doesn't really care for Jack very much because he's literally blowing every opportunity that Jack sets up. Nothing else makes sense.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Did you notice that, on that shot, it hit Palms stick dead center cuz he kept it on the ice? I have a feeling he doesn't really care for Jack very much because he's literally blowing every opportunity that Jack sets up. Nothing else makes sense.

Honestly, it almost feels like he's being a petulant child and is mad that we aren't giving him the contract he thinks that he deserves. 

If we trade him, I wouldn't be surprised if he went and scored like 8 goals in 20 games or whatever is left 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, it almost feels like he's being a petulant child and is mad that we aren't giving him the contract he thinks that he deserves. 

If we trade him, I wouldn't be surprised if he went and scored like 8 goals in 20 games or whatever is left 

Does really seem that way. I'm done with him regardless of what he might do. If he's intentionally tanking his value, he's a flat out POS. Luckily, for us, hockey GMs are dumb and we'll still get a solid price for him despite his best efforts to seemingly screw us over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Yikes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

He's not right but this team in front of him is just terrible.  There are a lot of saves he should be making but the high danger chances are just terrible right now.  

Unfortunate season for a 22 year old in a really bad slump, there's just no time for anyone to practice or for him to get a day off.  Fletcher really ****ed up by having Elliott as his backup.  He can't play two games in a row in this schedule.

Kent Johnson (2021 1st) | Nico Hischier | Alex Holtz
Nolan Foote | Jack Hughes | Dawson Mercer
Jesper Bratt | Pavel Zacha | Yegor Sharangovich
Janne Kuokkanen | Mikhail Maltsev | Miles Wood

That's an unreal balance and that doesn't include trading Miles Wood, thereby capitalizing on his season that he's not likely to repeat, and putting Tyce Thompson, Aarne Talvitie or Graeme Clarke in the lineup.

We're going to have to consolidate at some point. Knowing that, Kent Johnson is probably a pipe dream and we'll definitely go with the defensemen with our pick.

• Like 1