Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think I want more from Arizona and Seattle tbh. Arizona can throw in Crouse lol

I'm very bullish on wright

So am I. He's going to be an Anze Kopitar/Patrice Bergeron type of impact player and I absolutely do not understand why he's getting hit with prospect fatigue. I don't care if he doesn't have much room for improvement. He's already literally good EVERYWHERE. This isn't a Nolan Patrick situation FFS.

I hope Montreal galaxy brains this tbqh. I want Shane Wright and the only way I'd deal #2 if Montreal goes Slaf #1, is if I get every piece I want in the return. If they haggle at all, I'm hanging up and moving on to the next one.

Edited by beekay414

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So am I. He's going to be an Anze Kopitar/Patrice Bergeron type of impact player and I absolutely do not understand why he's getting hit with prospect fatigue. I don't care if he doesn't have much room for improvement. He's already literally good EVERYWHERE. This isn't a Nolan Patrick situation FFS.

I hope Montreal galaxy brains this tbqh. I want Shane Wright and the only way I'd deal #2 if Montreal goes Slaf #1, is if I get every piece I want in the return. If they haggle at all, I'm hanging up and moving on to the next one.

Sounds like it was basically a dead heat. 

5 votes for slaf #1

4 for wright

1 for Cooley

I'd guess that Montreal still picks wright, tbh, though Bobby Mac hasn't missed in 1oa since at least 2008

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sounds like it was basically a dead heat. 

5 votes for slaf #1

4 for wright

1 for Cooley

I'd guess that Montreal still picks wright, tbh, though Bobby Mac hasn't missed in 1oa since at least 2008

Think the only way they don't take Wright is if they make a play for a C on the market beforehand or they have some kind of preliminary deal in place. That or they think Slaf can man the dot.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Think the only way they don't take Wright is if they make a play for a C on the market beforehand or they have some kind of preliminary deal in place. That or they think Slaf can man the dot.

Craig button was apparently insisting that the pick will be wright

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ironically, the last time there was a vote this close, it also involved the Devils. In 2017, Nico received 5 votes, Nolan Patrick 4, Cale Makar 1. 

Do you think they’d put Wright as the 3rd line center or see if he can be a wing?

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Is it bad that I don't think I want Johnny Hockey?

I wouldn’t want to sign a 29 year old to a big long term option.Seems like a huge risk to me. 

How would you guys feel about an off-season of

Campbell

a trade for Fiala ( no Holtz or Hughes) for maybe two mid level guys .

and drafting Slaf. Would that be enough? How excited Would you be?

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Is it bad that I don't think I want Johnny Hockey?

eh, I mean...in the end that deal is probably not going to be great, but I do think that he's going to age relatively well. Whoever signs him I think will get some pretty strong years for sure. But I think there's a chance he breaks 10M, and I'm not in favor of that for a winger. 

4 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Do you think they’d put Wright as the 3rd line center or see if he can be a wing?

I wouldn’t want to sign a 29 year old to a big long term option.Seems like a huge risk to me. 

How would you guys feel about an off-season of

Campbell

a trade for Fiala ( no Holtz or Hughes) for maybe two mid level guys .

and drafting Slaf. Would that be enough? How excited Would you be?

We need to do something with our bottom pairing on defense too. We can't go in with something like Smith-Bahl or Okhotyuk-Smith. I want at least one vet there and then let Bahl, Okhotyuk, Smith play for the spot next to said vet.

Just now, Forge said:

eh, I mean...in the end that deal is probably not going to be great, but I do think that he's going to age relatively well. Whoever signs him I think will get some pretty strong years for sure. But I think there's a chance he breaks 10M, and I'm not in favor of that for a winger. 

I mean, talent is talent and it's fine when it's just for money but I think I'd rather just give up depth pieces for Fiala (fits our window better) and use that money difference on Campbell and the bottom pairing.

• Like 1