Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, talent is talent and it's fine when it's just for money but I think I'd rather just give up depth pieces for Fiala (fits our window better) and use that money difference on Campbell and the bottom pairing.

If I were the devils, I'd push really hard on Timo, if I'm being honest. I don't mind Fiala, but after July 13, Timo can start talking extension. We desperately need that type of player, and like Fiala, we know he's good friends with Nico, so I think that there's a shot that he'd be willing to sign long term. Timo is never going to bring in pick 2 (unless they are sending back pick 11), but a Holtz + protected 23 first is right up the sharks alley given the contracts they have on record. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

If I were the devils, I'd push really hard on Timo, if I'm being honest. I don't mind Fiala, but after July 13, Timo can start talking extension. We desperately need that type of player, and like Fiala, we know he's good friends with Nico, so I think that there's a shot that he'd be willing to sign long term. Timo is never going to bring in pick 2 (unless they are sending back pick 11), but a Holtz + protected 23 first is right up the sharks alley given the contracts they have on record. 

I'm fine with either Fiala or Timo. Fiala likely costs much less to acquire though due to the Wild's position and their openness about how they feel about him. We might be able to just use that prospect depth to go get him. Timo would cost us a premium prospect+ to acquire. Either one fits our window but Fiala is probably less cost prohibitive.

We just need to get this show on the road lol. We have so many questions that need to be answered that I do not envy Fitzy at all. He knows he needs to nail the #2 overall pick (or get great value for it) while also still scouring the market for top 6 talent and a #1 goalie. If he manages to do all 3 in one offseason, give him a lifetime contract.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Brad Allen mentioned something that I hinted at earlier where there are some scouts, and by proxy teams, that think Slafkovsky could man the dot. That could play in huge with Montreal's decision.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yep lol. 

Given the positions, the people who live slaf must really like him. 

He's got some hardcore fans that are tantalized by his size and skill. Let's just put it this way, if we take anyone other than Slaf or Wright, we ****ed the pick up.

I'm comforted knowing that if things go south early and we ****can Ruff, that Barry Trotz is out there to stabilize the ship. It may not be exciting hockey but the man wins. Oh and he wouldn't have Lou here neutering his team for aging vets.