Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'm comforted knowing that if things go south early and we ****can Ruff, that Barry Trotz is out there to stabilize the ship. It may not be exciting hockey but the man wins. Oh and he wouldn't have Lou here neutering his team for aging vets. 

No, but he'd definitely neuter jack lol. We will see though...I'm expecting Barzal to have a big year this year...if he doesn't, maybe he's not as good as I thought. Ive always assumed it was Trotz holding down his point totals in recent years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Also...

1) How is Dave Rogalski still employed?
2) When do we plan on replacing Nas and Recchi? After the draft and UFA when we have our roster structure?

I'm wondering if we are waiting for all the head coaching vacancies to get filled up. So maybe we are looking at guys or have talked to guys who are up for some of those openings? 

or maybe everyone is just turning us down LOL 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm wondering if we are waiting for all the head coaching vacancies to get filled up. So maybe we are looking at guys or have talked to guys who are up for some of those openings? 

or maybe everyone is just turning us down LOL 

I'm kinda hoping that we manage to hire Andrew Brunette as our lead assistant. Gives us nice insurance as interim or our next HC should Ruff **** the bed to start the season.

• Like 1

If we did sign Gaudreau or Fiala...

Gaudreau/Fiala-Hischier-Holtz
Bratt-Hughes-Mercer

Is how I'd run them next season. If we take Slafkovsky #2, I run it, in 23-24 as...

Bratt-Hughes-Slafkovsky
Gaudreau/Fiala-Hischier-Holtz
Sharangovich-Mercer-???

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

If that happened, I'm kind of shocked that he would sign there, tbh

If it's true that Minnesota is looking for players on lower contracts that "can play," then we don't really matchup well. Most of our guys on lower value deals are on their last years before new contracts and I don't think the Wild want to go into 23-24 having to extend anyone. Our guys with multiple years left on their ELCs haven't proven they can play yet and I don't think we'll give up Holtz for him.

Then again, Ottawa is in the exact same spot we are in that regard lol.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

If it's true that Minnesota is looking for players on lower contracts that "can play," then we don't really matchup well. Most of our guys on lower value deals are on their last years before new contracts and I don't think the Wild want to go into 23-24 having to extend anyone. Our guys with multiple years left on their ELCs haven't proven they can play yet and I don't think we'll give up Holtz for him.

Then again, Ottawa is in the exact same spot we are in that regard lol.

I'm assuming that Ottawa just has the best trade chip in play. Its been said that they are shopping #7. I could easily see #7 for an extended Fiala being fine value on both sides. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm assuming that Ottawa just has the best trade chip in play. Its been said that they are shopping #7. I could easily see #7 for an extended Fiala being fine value on both sides. 

Yeah, we're not going to compete with that. Would mean having one of Holtz or Mercer on the table and that doesn't make any sense for us.

Yeah, I think I'm good with never posting on HF again. Every time I do, I get into it over the smallest ****. I mean, dude admitted to watching absolutely none of Shane Wright, yet he's been one of the most vocal posters about him today. Oh and he has no reading comprehension ability whatsoever.

If I do post over there, I'm going to make sure I post more carefully and avoid using trigger words that someone can latch on to while disregarding the rest of what's been/being written.

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Apparently the Rangers have been having conversations on PLD. No idea how they would make that money work. 

Win now bridge deal is the only thing that makes sense but, even then, they'd still be pushing the cap while still needing to fill out their roster. They'd have to find a way to dump Trouba but I don't think even the Coyotes would be willing to take that contract on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I think I'm good with never posting on HF again. Every time I do, I get into it over the smallest ****. I mean, dude admitted to watching absolutely none of Shane Wright, yet he's been one of the most vocal posters about him today. Oh and he has no reading comprehension ability whatsoever.

If I do post over there, I'm going to make sure I post more carefully and avoid using trigger words that someone can latch on to while disregarding the rest of what's been/being written.

I got into it with someone on the main board. It was pretty funny because it wasn't even about the devils. Someone made a proposal of Oliver Bjorkstrand for 37 / Foote / Tatar and I said he's worth a lot more than that. Garbage offer. Tatar has no value and Foote is basically a bottom 6 guy who may have some power play value. 

Some rando just really dug into it as though I was treating Bjorkstrand as an elite talent and he was just going off. It was pretty funny. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Win now bridge deal is the only thing that makes sense but, even then, they'd still be pushing the cap while still needing to fill out their roster. They'd have to find a way to dump Trouba but I don't think even the Coyotes would be willing to take that contract on.

I think he has a full NMC anyway. The biggest reason for the trade to the Rangers was because of his wife being a doctor in NYC or something like that if I remember right. 

• Like 1