Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I got into it with someone on the main board. It was pretty funny because it wasn't even about the devils. Someone made a proposal of Oliver Bjorkstrand for 37 / Foote / Tatar and I said he's worth a lot more than that. Garbage offer. Tatar has no value and Foote is basically a bottom 6 guy who may have some power play value. 

Some rando just really dug into it as though I was treating Bjorkstrand as an elite talent and he was just going off. It was pretty funny. 

It really is the cesspool of the internet and that's saying something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Absolutely no idea what we'd even give up.

Holtz for Fiala straight up is the max I would do. 

But I could also see them go Rango + sweetener or something along those lines. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Holtz for Fiala straight up is the max I would do. 

But I could also see them go Rango + sweetener or something along those lines. 

Don't you dare talk trading my boy into existence. I want to get better without suffering from heartache. 

I'm open to dealing Holtz for Fiala but I wish they had more we could use. Holtz and 37 for Fiala and a piece that helps (goalie or D) would be what I'd try to pull off. Is there a cap dump type guy they'd be willing to move off that helps us? Otherwise, yeah, I'm stuck on Holtz for Fiala.

• Like 1

If it's something like Zacha's RFA rights and Ty Smith, I'd laugh all the way to the bank.

I don't know the LHD situation for the Wild, but Ty is another one that makes a ton of sense in that regard. 

Just now, Forge said:

I don't know the LHD situation for the Wild, but Ty is another one that makes a ton of sense in that regard. 

Their LD situation is Brodin, Kulikov, Merrill, Goligoski and Middleton (RFA) with Lambos, O'Rourke and Hunt in the wings. Don't think they need Smith but they obviously place big value on the blueline so who the hell knows. Plus, he can play his off hand side.

• Like 1

They need help at C so I could see them valuing Zacha, thinking he can man the dot (even though we know he can't). Hockey GMs are bullish on a lot of stuff so it wouldn't shock me. That and we can dangle Boqvist to them as well.

This might be a depth deal, which would be ideal, since we have a lot of it. If we did move Holtz and then drafted Slafkovsky, assuming we don't make a move for a Nichushkin or Burakovsky type forward, I could see Slaf making the roster to replace losing Holtz.

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

They need help at C so I could see them valuing Zacha, thinking he can man the dot (even though we know he can't). Hockey GMs are bullish on a lot of stuff so it wouldn't shock me. That and we can dangle Boqvist to them as well.

This might be a depth deal, which would be ideal, since we have a lot of it. If we did move Holtz and then drafted Slafkovsky, assuming we don't make a move for a Nichushkin or Burakovsky type forward, I could see Slaf making the roster to replace losing Holtz.

My understanding was they they wanted almost no money going back in any deal they have for Fiala. Not sure if that has changed, but thats a situation where I could totally see Boqvist going, but maybe not Zacha (his QO is 3 or 3.5 or something). 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

My understanding was they they wanted almost no money going back in any deal they have for Fiala. Not sure if that has changed, but thats a situation where I could totally see Boqvist going, but maybe not Zacha (his QO is 3 or 3.5 or something). 

I mean, we're then either talking Holtz in a smaller package or using our prospect depth and sending them stuff like Boqvist, Smith, Foote and #37.

I mean, we're then either talking Holtz in a smaller package or using our prospect depth and sending them stuff like Boqvist, Smith, Foote and #37.

Seems like that post was a bit of BS. There were a lot of people that quote tweeted it, but now a lot of people are quote tweeting it saying it's made up.