Anybody for Cobb out Dez In?

Golfman

I know Cobb is another of Rodgers' BFFs, and Dez has some baggage. Would anybody pull the plug on signing Bryant? It would come with risks, but he's a talent on the field who was being wasted in Dallas due to a below average QB. 

How about we keep Cobb and sign Dez?  I don't think cutting Cobb is a good idea.  Also not sure signing Dez is a good idea either.  He's a vet and could help right away.  Concern is the price tag and locker room chemistry.  Gute should do his due diligence and I'd be pretty pumped if he ended up a Packer. View odds of it actually happening to be pretty slim.

9 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

How about we keep Cobb and sign Dez?  I don't think cutting Cobb is a good idea.  Also not sure signing Dez is a good idea either.  He's a vet and could help right away.  Concern is the price tag and locker room chemistry.  Gute should do his due diligence and I'd be pretty pumped if he ended up a Packer. View odds of it actually happening to be pretty slim.

If you sign Dez someone with a big contract has to go almost certainly. I also personally, do not want to invest that type of money at the WR position. 3 guys averaging over 10 million a year is not good, especially when your TE is in the same pay range. 

Great message to future Packer players.  "Sign a contract with us and we'll cut  you before it's over, then sign someone with similar production you've had who is a worse teammate and talked crap about his previous coaches less than a day after being cut." 

No.  I do not want Dez at any cost.  I'd be slightly disappointed if we signed him. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

If you sign Dez someone with a big contract has to go almost certainly. I also personally, do not want to invest that type of money at the WR position. 3 guys averaging over 10 million a year is not good, especially when your TE is in the same pay range. 

Dez isn't going to command a huge amount of money. We would likely only sign him for 1-year deal. It is definitely possible to have both Cobb & Dez. 

Whether that is a good idea is another question. 

32 minutes ago, Golfman said:

You're not investing the money though. Cobb is in the last year of his contract and its not like there's much left out there to sign to any big deal this year. I'd love him to take a pay cut but if not, just pay him this year and it's off the books in 2019.

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You've got 5 million to spend on Dez even with 11 million budgeted for House, Draft Picks, and Rollover. 

Hopefully we still get a deal done with ARod too to free up some cap. I still want Breeland before TC. 

38 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

"Sign a contract with us and we'll cut  you before it's over, then sign someone with similar production you've had who is a worse teammate and talked crap about his previous coaches less than a day after being cut." 

That does sound eerily similar to that Bennett guy who talked bad about our doctor, don't want version 2 of that.

42 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Great message to future Packer players.  "Sign a contract with us and we'll cut  you before it's over, then sign someone with similar production you've had who is a worse teammate and talked crap about his previous coaches less than a day after being cut." 

No.  I do not want Dez at any cost.  I'd be slightly disappointed if we signed him. 

But then you'd be slightly happy when he goes up over Xavier Rhodes and snags a TD and throws up the X. 

45 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, trying to compare Dez's production the past two years with Prescott is comparable to Cobb with Rodgers. smh! Not to mention Dez seems to be available on game days throughout his career. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

But then you'd be slightly happy when he goes up over Xavier Rhodes and snags a TD and throws up the X. 

I'd be happy with wins that he helped us get, and I don't even mind Dez that much, I just seem to be one of the few people who knows what a cancerous personality can do to a team. 

44 minutes ago, Golfman said:

If it took 10 mil/yr to sign Dez that's a hard pass.  Don't know what kind of cash he'll demand on the open market.  An aging vet on the downside.  Figure he'll get something in the neighborhood of Jordy.  7mil/yr.  Think he has a little more to offer than Jordy does at this point.  I don't think he'll be a Packer unless no one else wants him enough to cough up the cash.  No bidding war then maybe Gute could entertain the idea. It's not going to happen in GB just another thing for us to talk about before the draft.  

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'd be happy with wins that he helped us get, and I don't even mind Dez that much, I just seem to be one of the few people who knows what a cancerous personality can do to a team. 

It's usually cured with winning. The problem with Bennett never happens if ARod doesn't go down. Dez can be a cancer but usually it comes when Dallas is losing. He never really was on a playoff winning team there. If we are winning, I think we dont hear a peep from Dez. If we're losing, he probably ******* at some point, but at that point who cares...bc we're losing. 

Archived