Anybody for Cobb out Dez In?

Golfman

Just now, Golfman said:

Yeah, trying to compare Dez's production the past two years with Prescott is comparable to Cobb with Rodgers. smh! Not to mention Dez seems to be available on game days throughout his career. 

Cobb had 66 receptions last year.  4 touchdowns.  4 games with Rodgers, 11 with Hundley.  Cobb had 60 receptions and 4 touchdowns in 2016.

Dez Bryant had 69 receptions in 16 games with Prescott last year.  6 touchdowns.  Dez Bryant had 50 catches in 13 games in 2016.

Randall Cobb has missed 16 games in his career.

Dez Bryant has missed 15 games in his career. 

Randall Cobb is 27.  Dez Bryant is 29. 

Want to try any other arguments? 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Cobb had 66 receptions last year.  4 touchdowns.  4 games with Rodgers, 11 with Hundley.  Cobb had 60 receptions and 4 touchdowns in 2016.

Dez Bryant had 69 receptions in 16 games with Prescott last year.  6 touchdowns.  Dez Bryant had 50 catches in 13 games in 2016.

Only thing I'd say is Dez is usually covered by the teams No. 1 CB at all times. Cobb is covered by No. 3 CBs, safeties and linebackers.

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No, you made my point perfectly, thank you! Bryant's production with Prescott was terrible, because he had a terrible QB. Cobb had one really good year and it was a contract year. Bryant had three great years in a row where he was a top 3 WR, something Cobb was never considered. He was injured in the last year he had a QB who could get him the ball. 

The bet is Bryant can get back to his top 3-5 form with a top notch QB. The certainty is Cobb cannot and it has been proven. It's a gamble no doubt but the upside is higher than the downside, OTHER than if you think he's going to be a locker room cancer. Legit question with Dez. 

You guys do know we've also had the likes of Jordy, Adams,Jones whom we've spread the ball out to over the years, the stats are a little skewed. Cobb is still a good WR, not great obviously, but I'd have him over many others. He's obviously not worth his contract by a few million, but thats fine, WRs always get overpaid. I doubt we are getting rid of him this year. Restructuring him to a longer deal + less money would be the best thing to do, something we've probably should of done with Nelson, but Cobb is still an asset to this team imo.

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

You guys do know we've also had the likes of Jordy, Adams,Jones whom we've spread the ball out to over the years, the stats are a little skewed. Cobb is still a good WR, not great obviously, but I'd have him over many others. He's obviously not worth his contract by a few million, but thats fine, WRs always get overpaid. I doubt we are getting rid of him at this point. Restructuring him would be the best thing to do, something we've probably should of done with Nelson, but Cobb is still an asset to this team imo.

If you could get Cobb to restructure that might work but not sure you get the relieve we'd be looking for on the restructure. 

Just now, Golfman said:

No, you made my point perfectly, thank you! Bryant's production with Prescott was terrible, because he had a terrible QB.

Dak Prescott has 45 touchdowns and 17 interceptions in his career.

Brett Hundley has 9 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

You're acting way too arrogant to be so far from right. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

If you could get Cobb to restructure that might work but not sure you get the relieve we'd be looking for on the restructure. 

You just let him walk next year if he's not willing to do a certain amount of money then, I would still get another year out of him.

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

You just let him walk next year if he's not willing to do a certain amount of money then, I would still get another year out of him.

We'd either be very tight up against the cap or really back loading the hypothetical Dez deal. 

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Dak Prescott has 45 touchdowns and 17 interceptions in his career.

Brett Hundley has 9 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

You're acting way too arrogant to be so far from right. 

Projecting once again! LOL 

Just now, Golfman said:

Projecting once again! LOL 

... Isn't that literally exactly what you are doing?  Literally?  LITERALLY?

Just now, Golfman said:

The bet is Bryant can get back to his top 3-5 form with a top notch QB.

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

I know Cobb is another of Rodgers' BFFs, and Dez has some baggage. Would anybody pull the plug on signing Bryant? It would come with risks, but he's a talent on the field who was being wasted in Dallas due to a below average QB. 

No I'd rather roll with what we have and an additional draft pick. 

Archived