Anybody for Cobb out Dez In?

Golfman

28 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Uhhh...

"It wouldn't seem right,'' Dez said (smiling). "Too much history."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dez-bryant-loves-idea-of-playing-for-giants-rules-out-packers-because-of-too-much-history/amp/

lemme teach ya'all about a thing called a 'joke'

You're giving Dez more credit than I'm willing to. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Dez will remain salty for the rest of his career and resent GB for that call.

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You're giving Dez more credit than I'm willing to. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Dez will remain salty for the rest of his career and resent GB for that call.

You really don't like that guy do you lol

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

You really don't like that guy do you lol

He's far from my least favorite player in the league, but I'm not a huge fan. I just absolutely believe he's the kind of guy that would hold all that against GB. Hell our president just joked about the non catch at the owners meetings last month.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:39 AM, packfanfb said:

First, we need to get over this thought that Jordy 2018 is as good as Dez 2018. That's laughable. Dez is 29, Nelson is 32 with a repaired ACL. Dez is still a WR that teams cover with their No .1 CB. The Steelers covered Nelson with T.J. Watt last year.

Second, we made a run at Robinson, a highly paid WR. Someone who will cost much more than Dez.  

Third, we thought so much of Jordy that we didnt even offer him a decent pay cut as an option. GB didnt want Jordy back. You don't cut a player you want to keep if he will take a 75% pay cut to stay.

Fourth, we have like $16 million in cap even without extending Rodgers. You aren't carrying all that money over. We have money to spend. Spend it on a difference maker like Dez. 

I agree. I don't get the folks upset with the Jordy cut. He is but a shell of his former self. You can't pay a guy $12 Million to put up less than 500 yards. I think Dez would do really well in Green Bay but I just don't see it happening. Green Bay just doesn't seem like a place that would appeal to him.  I think some on this board are guilty of being homers when it comes to our talent. Frankly I don't think Rodgers has ever truly had an elite WR. He tends to make stars out of average to above average WRs. WRs leave Green Bay and don't do squat anywhere else. James Jones couldn't even make the Giants roster in 2015, he comes to Green Bay and all of a sudden looks great again. Jones averaged a terrible 9.1 yards per catch in Oakland in 2014 and that went up to 17.8 in 2015 in Green Bay. IMO, Bryant would be the best WR Arods ever played with. I said earlier after the Jimmy Graham signing that Jimmy Graham is going to be the best receiving target ARod has ever had. It's just a different league these days. Teams are looking for those physical specimens that are matchup nightmares. Jimmy Graham is one of those guys. A 6'7, 265 lb guy with 4.5 speed and a 39" vertical. We simply haven't had a guy like that in Green Bay. We haven't had a guy like Bryant in Green Bay either. Like some folks have said. Some people are looking at these things in a vacuum when comparing somebody like Cobb and Bryant. You throw Cobb on another roster he's probably simply a 50 catch 500-600 yard guy. Bryant in Green Bay with Rodgers throwing him the ball will immediately become a 90+ catch, 1200+ yard 12+ TD guy. I always thought Jordy played smaller than his size. He was never really that great on contested throws. He was a 6'3 WR that played more like a 6'1 guy. Mostly a deep threat guy on slow developing plays. Honestly Greg Jennings was the most complete WR Rodgers has ever played with. That guy could get separation on some of the better corners in the game and ran sick routes. He was great with YAC on the short throws yet also got open deep. It seems like Jordy frequently got manhandled buy some of the better corners in the game. Bryant is used to facing the opposing team's top corner and with a good QB throwing accurately to him he can make plays. I don't consider Dak Prescott to be even an above average QB. Just look at the numbers Dez was putting up with Romo. A guy could who could throw accurately to the outside.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:41 PM, Packerraymond said:

It would surprise me if he didnt

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:08 PM, Golfman said:

Maybe this becomes a Charles Woodson redux. Last thing Woodson wanted to come too but only offer. Time will tell. 

I was just listening to Polaris by Megadeth when I read this, and this is a prominent lyric.

I'm now convinced that this is a sign that this deal will or will not happen.

100 percent guarentee

EDIT: Clearly those are the onloy 2 options, but its because of the megatdeth song either way.

11 hours ago, Joe said:

I agree with Raymond. Dez is a diva. Not a good fit for us.

IMO Dez has always been a tradeoff. The play on the field results always had to be balanced (or tempered) with his sideline antics. 

He's not quite TO (in either instance) but his "temperamental" outbursts can be challenging / disruptive and the balance has been out of whack in recent years as his production has failed - while his salary escalated.

Archived