The Bills are the perfect trade down partner, imo.

The Bills currently hold--

1st)Pick #12

1st)Pick #22

2nd)Pick #21

2nd)Pick #24

3rd)Pick #1

3rd)Pick #32

4th)Pick #21

5th)Pick #29

6th)Pick #13

Much speculation about the Bills trading up to #2 with Giants for a QB.

So maybe #13 isn't where they want to be, but that #22 pick in the 1st would be a perfect spot for Washington.

The Bills could have back-to-back picks @12 &13 in the 1st & have plenty of ammunition to make that happen.

The cost from 13 to 22 is a difference of 370 pts, according to the draft value chart.

Which is exactly the value of their 2nd rd pick, #21--370 pts.

#22 for the Skins is an excellent spot for what we could be targeting as well.

RB Guice, DT DeRon Payne, OG Will Hernandez, WR Calvin Ridley, CB Josh Jackson are just a few who could be sitting there @#22.

Now why would Buffalo trade up you ask?

Lamar Jackson

He's the 1 QB I've heard great things about, that gets over shadowed by the other 4.

Yes, they can take him at #12, but what if there is another player(s) they like around that 10-15 range, that they know wont last to #22?

The value to trade from 22 to 13, is really not that bad when you look at their draft selections in the top 3 rds.

They could probably even make the deal with the skins & keep their 2nd rounders.

Both 3rd rounders would probably get it done.

I believe the Bills or Patriots are the top 2 teams to keep an eye on, when possibly trading up to our #13 spot.

I believe this draft is 3 rounds deep of really good players & want to see us add more picks from rounds 2 or 3 if possible.

The Bills could really help us do that!

What say you?

24 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Lamar Jackson

You yourself there are rumors they would trade up to 2. If they do that, they don't take Lamar Jackson at 13 because they won't have the firepower at that point to do it.

If they don't trade up and Jackson is available at 13 then they passed on him at 12 ... but then trade back up to take him at 13?

13 minutes ago, Woz said:

You yourself there are rumors they would trade up to 2. If they do that, they don't take Lamar Jackson at 13 because they won't have the firepower at that point to do it.

If they don't trade up and Jackson is available at 13 then they passed on him at 12 ... but then trade back up to take him at 13?

They would probably take Jackson @12, if that's who they want.

But they also might want another player as well @13. Trading with us would allow them to get the 2 players they want back-to-back.

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not interested in going back to #22 and missing on all the best D prospects and probably Guice too as the Lions will probably take him at 20.

#22 could have OG Will Hernandez sitting there. A huge need for us.

Could also see WR's Sutton &/or Ridley there. Not a need, but strengthens our WR core.

DeRon Payne could be there. Rumors are Skins like him more than Vita Vea.

Trading down to this spot, could net us an extra 2nd or multiple 3rds/4th rounders.

A risk, I'm willing to make. We could improve quickly, making moves like this.

Of course, there needs to be a team willing to dance with us.

8 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

#22 could have OG Will Hernandez sitting there. A huge need for us.

Could also see WR's Sutton &/or Ridley there. Not a need, but strengthens our WR core.

DeRon Payne could be there. Rumors are Skins like him more than Vita Vea.

Trading down to this spot, could net us an extra 2nd or multiple 3rds/4th rounders.

A risk, I'm willing to make. We could improve quickly, making moves like this.

Of course, there needs to be a team willing to dance with us.

Don’t care. All the players I want and the team has been targeting for their picking in the teens would have likely been gone except for maybe Payne, but I think it’s too risky to move back that far.

You like it, because you’ve always valued more picks over having the best pick you can have but generally that doesn’t mean you have a better draft 4 years later when looking back on it or that those players hit.

Having a bunch of draft picks means nothing if you don’t have a first round pick who starts and makes an impact right away.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Don’t care. All the players I want and the team has been targeting for their picking in the teens would have likely been gone except for maybe Payne, but I think it’s too risky to move back that far.

You like it, because you’ve always valued more picks over having the best pick you can have but generally that doesn’t mean you have a better draft 4 years later when looking back on it or that those players hit.

Having a bunch of draft picks means nothing if you don’t have a first round pick who starts and makes an impact right away.

I've always been a believer that the more picks you have, the more likely you're gonna hit on some.

Sure, you have to pick the right players. But you just never know what player your gonna get, or his mindset.

S. Cravens being a good example. 2nd round selection & just didn't have the mental fortitude to play.

we currently have a 1, 2, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7.

A trade down in the 20's could look like this...

1, 2, 2, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7 or

1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7, 7,

Sure, we may not get the blue chipper in that 1st rd.

But the hits from 4 thru 7 could be where we possibly find that diamond in the rough.

It's where we nailed RB Alfred Morris among others.

And he's still the best rb we've had since 2012.

15 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

The Bills currently hold--

1st)Pick #12

1st)Pick #22

2nd)Pick #21

2nd)Pick #24

3rd)Pick #1

3rd)Pick #32

4th)Pick #21

5th)Pick #29

6th)Pick #13

Much speculation about the Bills trading up to #2 with Giants for a QB.

So maybe #13 isn't where they want to be, but that #22 pick in the 1st would be a perfect spot for Washington.

The Bills could have back-to-back picks @12 &13 in the 1st & have plenty of ammunition to make that happen.

The cost from 13 to 22 is a difference of 370 pts, according to the draft value chart.

Which is exactly the value of their 2nd rd pick, #21--370 pts.

#22 for the Skins is an excellent spot for what we could be targeting as well.

RB Guice, DT DeRon Payne, OG Will Hernandez, WR Calvin Ridley, CB Josh Jackson are just a few who could be sitting there @#22.

Lamar Jackson

He's the 1 QB I've heard great things about, that gets over shadowed by the other 4.

Yes, they can take him at #12, but what if there is another player(s) they like around that 10-15 range, that they know wont last to #22?

The value to trade from 22 to 13, is really not that bad when you look at their draft selections in the top 3 rds.

They could probably even make the deal with the skins & keep their 2nd rounders.

Both 3rd rounders would probably get it done.

I believe the Bills or Patriots are the top 2 teams to keep an eye on, when possibly trading up to our #13 spot.

I believe this draft is 3 rounds deep of really good players & want to see us add more picks from rounds 2 or 3 if possible.

The Bills could really help us do that!

What say you?

If Buffalo traded up from 22 to 13, I think it would be more likely they’d do it so they can move 12 & 13 for 2.  Moving up to 13 for any other reason doesn’t make sense to me.

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I've always been a believer that the more picks you have, the more likely you're gonna hit on some.

Sure, you have to pick the right players. But you just never know what player your gonna get, or his mindset.

S. Cravens being a good example. 2nd round selection & just didn't have the mental fortitude to play.

we currently have a 1, 2, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7.

A trade down in the 20's could look like this...

1, 2, 2, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7 or

1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7, 7,

Sure, we may not get the blue chipper in that 1st rd.

But the hits from 4 thru 7 could be where we possibly find that diamond in the rough.

It's where we nailed RB Alfred Morris among others.

And he's still the best rb we've had since 2012.

I understand that having more bites of the Apple is good, but not at the expense of getting one of the best defenders or the 2nd best RB in the draft. 

The only defender that we’ve all been talking about drafting that may fall to 22 is Payne, and that’s debatable.

I’d much rather have Vea, Ward, Fitzpatrick, Edmunds, Smith, James, Payne or Guice than an extra 2nd and a few extra mid round picks.

We need an impact player on D and a starting RB taking any of these players solves that.

If we want more mid round picks, we can trade down in round 2 if we had taken Vea let’s say at 13 and then think one of the RBs we’re targeting in round 2 will be available 10 to 15 spots later or one of the OGs we want too.

Payne goes late first at earliest of we don't take him at 13. We undervalue nose tackle but in all honesty so does the rest of the league. Logan, Poe, Sylvester Williams, and Hankins. Nobody really started busting the door down for any of these guys in free agency.

QBs, left tackle, cornerback, and edge rusher. A bulk of these guys will be gone early in draft. Guards, nose tackles and ILBs will be there later and good quality ones at that. Throw ribs in this same mix too.

Minkah or James all day at 13, if gone trade back if you can and you will get quality at positions we need

Archived