Pre-Draft W/L Projections

bruceb

The improvements to the team so far have been impressive.

Two QBs without not only wins but winning records in the NFL.

A WR in his prime who has led the league in catches.

A potentially good FS who was misused by his previous team.

Depth at CB, OL and DE.

A proven workhorse RB.

I think right now we are equipped (with the exception of that all important coaching staff component falling short, again, perhaps) to win football games during the regular season.

And this is all before a draft that should yield us 3-5 impact players.

So where do you see us in terms of wins/losses at this point before the draft?

Well to add a little realism to this post, which I don't really like to do I'd rather be a hopeful homer, no one wants Drew Stanton and Taylor so far has at best been seen as a capable starter and I have been a huge supporter of his. Hyde hasn't been able to stay healthy. We paid 15 million per year for a very good possession slot receiver and you pretty much explained the rest.

Are we better? I should think so. Should we see a big turnaround? I don't see why. We should have been a 4 win team last year even with a QB who wasn't a capable starter. Throw in a QB who is a capable starter and that probably means 2 or 3 wins but we have what looks like a tougher schedule this year. our #1 asset, the #1 overall pick, probably brings zero to the table this year. We already had a decent run game that we refused to utilize.

I expect 3-4 wins this year, maybe Hue will surprise me but I' not putting money on it.

26 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well to add a little realism to this post, which I don't really like to do I'd rather be a hopeful homer, no one wants Drew Stanton and Taylor so far has at best been seen as a capable starter and I have been a huge supporter of his. Hyde hasn't been able to stay healthy. We paid 15 million per year for a very good possession slot receiver and you pretty much explained the rest.

Are we better? I should think so. Should we see a big turnaround? I don't see why. We should have been a 4 win team last year even with a QB who wasn't a capable starter. Throw in a QB who is a capable starter and that probably means 2 or 3 wins but we have what looks like a tougher schedule this year. our #1 asset, the #1 overall pick, probably brings zero to the table this year. We already had a decent run game that we refused to utilize.

I expect 3-4 wins this year, maybe Hue will surprise me but I' not putting money on it.

6 before the draft.  Post draft I think that I can bump it to 8 with an outside shot at 9.  Our turn around will be dramatic and it will get a lot of media coverage.

With Taylor offense ranks 12-18 imo. Run offense about 20-24 pass offense about 11-14

Defense total rank about 12. Run Defense about 6-8 pass Defense about 14-17 with improved d backs. 

Assuming our fo and coaches remain intact. 7-9 wins 5% chance of playoffs. 

Archived