Jets place WR Quincy Enunwa on IR

NewAge

You can't place players on IR now. Not unless you want to waive them and expose them to entire league to claim. Only after final cutdowns.

Who is the first New York Jet drafted in fantasy leagues this year? (I'm allowed to make this joke because the answer for my team is probably the kicker)

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Yes you can.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/07/25/dolphins-koa-misi-injured-reserve-sign-alterraun-verner/

However, it can affect whether the player can return from IR.

I don't believe that is the case. The Ravens have a bunch of season ending injuries, but haven't yet IR'd guys like Kenneth Dixon or Tavon Young or Nico Siragusa because they would have to be waived and are valuable enough that another team would claim them. They waived/injured Crockett Gilmore because he was in the last year of the contract and so there was no point in a team claiming him; he went to our IR after clearing waivers. You can only go to IR without waivers after final cutdowns because otherwise teams would just make up injuries for any prospects they want to keep. It's a much discussed problem in Baltimore given the quantity of our injuries. 

Maybe that guy in this article was waived/injured and no one claimed him or the rules are different for players after their rookie contract, or some catch like that.

26 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

You can't place players on IR now. Not unless you want to waive them and expose them to entire league to claim. Only after final cutdowns.

Who is the first New York Jet drafted in fantasy leagues this year? (I'm allowed to make this joke because the answer for my team is probably the kicker)

PPR leagues, Robbie Anderson.  Should get like 25 targets a game (and catch 5 of them)...

15 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Maybe that guy in this article was waived/injured and no one claimed him or the rules are different for players after their rookie contract, or some catch like that.

Yes, this might be the case, Misi is a vet on his second contract, Enunwa is still on his rookie deal.

Archived