Jets place WR Quincy Enunwa on IR

NewAge

Hopefully it's not career threatening but with back injuries there's literally no way to tell. This could bug him the rest if his life, or he could be totally fine and never deal with issues again. Scary stuff, hope it's the latter.

4 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

That's pretty bad.

I think ArDarius Stewart could surprise people though.

He's probably third on the depth chart right now. I'd guess he starts in the slot with Anderson and Peake on the outside. I could see Chad Hansen taking over for Peake. 

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Read that the Eagles might consider parting ways with WR Jordan Matthews; Do the Jets inquire, or are they committed to this free fall?

You can orchestrate a fall to the Top 3-5 picks of the draft, but engineering a lock on the #1 pick is way more difficult that people make it out to be because you're still needing help from other bad teams you play to be complicit in winning (when they are also, as mentioned, bad).  So signing a worthwhile tertiary player (let's face it, receivers are still ultimately at the whim of the QB in order to produce and bad QB's can make even great WR's look like poo -  I don't need to tell you this, @EliteTexan80, you witness Osweiler's effect on Nuk firsthand last season).  Meanwhile, an established, quality veteran receiver can definitely help the development of a young QB.

So, in short, whether or not to sign a quality skill position player shouldn't be affected by (assuming it's there) a Jets are embracing the tank or not.

43 minutes ago, The LBC said:

So, in short, whether or not to sign a quality skill position player shouldn't be affected by (assuming it's there) a Jets are embracing the tank or not

I guess my question is more along the lines of this - would the Jets part ways with draft capital to make this happen? 

29 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I guess my question is more along the lines of this - would the Jets part ways with draft capital to make this happen? 

Maybe a late round pick - which, if the Eagles were just going to otherwise cut him, would probably get the job done.  Matthews is, if I'm not mistaken, in a contract year (or close to it), so if he were to hit the open market, he's probably more likely to sit and wait for the opportunity to play with an established QB (or with one he's familiar with at least) in order to keep his stats/stock as high as possible.

Could see a situation where the trade has conditions whereby the return to Philly is minimal if the Jets don't re-sign Matthews and a higher return if they do extend/re-sign him when he hits free agency.

12 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

In short, NO CHANCE.

Guys like Peake and Hansen both have the same upside of a guy like Matthews.  Why waste valuable draft capital on a slot WR when they are a dime a dozen.

The Jets are doing this right.  They need a franchise QB and until they find one it doesn't matter if they have Enunwa, Matthews or Zeke for that matter.  They need to be bad this year and not a 4 and 12 bad but a #1 pick 1 and 15 bad.  Landing a franchise QB is top priority.  This could be a great QB class and this season will be fun to watch even if they lose almost every game because there is a ton of youth and guys will be playing hard for their futures.  

I've said it a million times the Jets are playing this season 100% right and if you aren't fighting for the playoffs you should be doing whatever you can to find a franchise QB and this season is all about the latter. 

Archived