2 Round Mock after Dez Bryant release

wcf1989

2 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Haven't we talked about your anger issues?  I thought you agreed to work on it.

The only one that could possibly be considered a reach is Guice, but I think he's worth it that high.  Ward, Washington, and Crosby are solid value, while Landry at 32 is a mega steal.  I think it's a really nice draft.

IMO it's an awful talent exchange.  Although Ward is a good player he's not a particularly big need.  I'd much rather have Chubb than Ward and whatever else you've devised here.  Guice is likely to be there at 33 but if he's not, it's not that big an issue.  Either way, this sucks as is for the Browns.  You've done little positive here.   In fact I'd take Raquon Smith before I'd take Ward for the Browns.  And all the value you've given away in the 2nd doesn't help at all

2 hours ago, DR43 said:

Steelers rarely trade back in the first round.

Rarely as in not since 1967. It could happen, but I agree that it's extremely likely that it won't. 

I like the Ronnie Harrison pick, hate the Malik Jefferson pick. That or I love it, idk. I only say I love it because when a guy gets mocked to the Steelers incessantly, it's very rare they draft them. Then when it's incessant and they happen to be a grossly overrated player like Duke Robinson was back in like 09 and Malik Jefferson this year, that player falls off a cliff into day 3 of the draft where they belong. 

On 4/15/2018 at 10:24 AM, wcf1989 said:

11. Miami Dolphins – Minkah Fitzpatrick DB Alabama

On 4/15/2018 at 10:24 AM, wcf1989 said:

42. Miami Dolphins – Maurice Hurst DL Michigan

Fantastic first pick, would be a no-brainer if available (position of need, Saban-Gase connection). Second pick is pretty good too as it also addresses a need.

There is zero chance that Detroit takes a TE in Round 1. It's far more likely that Detroit will trade down or select a DT/EDGE/OG than a RB in that spot. Detroit is going with a RBBC approach. The Patriots have not selected a 1st round RB in years.

22 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Haven't we talked about your anger issues?  I thought you agreed to work on it.

The only one that could possibly be considered a reach is Guice, but I think he's worth it that high.  Ward, Washington, and Crosby are solid value, while Landry at 32 is a mega steal.  I think it's a really nice draft.

Seriously dude...if this actually happened for Cleveland, I might cry tears of joy. That being said, there is no way Landry lasts that long...but it's fun to dream.

20 hours ago, scar988 said:

Way too early for Ian Thomas. I like him, but he's definitely not Evan Ingram.

I offered him this deal in a message yesterday tell me how you would feel about it.    Falcons trade   #58 + 4th and a 4th next year for #48 or 49.   We overpay just a little value wise but we also come away with   Da'Ron Payne  + Taven Bryan for the next 5 to 10 years to go along with Grady, Beasley, and Takk.

I would pull the trigger on that move all day long to come away with both of those guys in round 1 and 2.

For Miami.  While Minkah Fitzpatrick is a good and athletic player, teams really don't know where to put him.  Is he a safety or a Corner?  And with Tremaine Edmunds and Vita Vea still sitting there, I do not think Miami goes for the question mark player, but with the best LB or DT in the draft.  My opinion is that since they released Suh, they would probably lean toward Vea to replace him.

Just my thoughts though.

Archived