CB Daryl Worley arrested after altercation with police; released by Eagles; signed by Raiders

TecmoSuperJoe

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/985513616542781441?s=20

Sounds serious. Apparently he was found passed out in his vehicle on the highway. Also sounds like he could be out of a job. The Eagles just traded Torrey Smith to the Panthers for him.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/4/15/17239866/daryl-worley-arrest-released-eagles-philadelphia-cornerback-trade-nfl-panthers-torrey-smith-news

Eagles are going to begin their offseason workout tomorrow. Seems like Worley wasn't even guaranteed to make the final roster due to the team's depth. He can be released for a cap savings of around 600k, and zero dead money.

EDIT: Worley was released.

EDIT2: He's a Raider now.

According to a Panthers beat reporter, part of the reason he was traded was due to lack of commitment/focus. He "enjoyed the nightlife".

23 year old with a ton of money he's probably never seen before. Easy to fall into that trap. Still, call a cab or Uber. If the offseason program is the next day, buddy shouldn't be poppin bottles. And dafuq you need a gun for?

He was a third round pick in 2016 for Carolina, and seemed like an ok player. I'm still guessing he gets another chance somewhere though as ridiculous as that is.

19 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Philly traded for him and Bennett. Both are having legal issues. They can’t be happy about those deals. Rumor is Worley is getting released

To be fair on Worley, though - the Iggles were going to cut Torrey.   So it's not like they gave up much.  I don't know if anyone else would have paid anything for Torrey.   Bennett's a different story, obv.

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'll withhold judgment until more comes out but reports aren't saying anything about alcohol being involved though so it might not be too serious. I'll take the police saying that "he was combative" with a grain of salt.

True. I guess I assumed alcohol was involved since he was found passed out in his car blocking a highway. Police could be lying though. Who knows. Worley did have a misdemeanor assault incident in college though. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

True. I guess I assumed alcohol was involved since he was found passed out in his car blocking a highway. Police could be lying though. Who knows. Worley did have a misdemeanor assault incident in college though. 

They also recovered a gun from his vehicle. So depending on the circumstances there it could be another charge

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

There's likely body cam footage, though, right?   I'm pretty sure we'll get the TMZ Sports exclusive this week.  ¬¬

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Up until this past year I used to travel all over (I don't fly) and I've passed out in my car before. There are times when your body just shuts down and you can't keep your eyes open. This might just be the case here.

21 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Up until this past year I used to travel all over (I don't fly) and I've passed out in my car before. There are times when your body just shuts down and you can't keep your eyes open. This might just be the case here.

I would have hoped that if your off-season workout program starts the next day on a new team you'd already be settled into the city. It was Sunday morning, when he was found so maybe he had time to recover for Monday. Still, even if he was really tired, what are the chances that he isn't cognizant enough to not have his car block a highway before he stops his car to rest? I mean, pull into a Dennys parking lot or something. 

25 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I would have hoped that if your off-season workout program starts the next day on a new team you'd already be settled into the city. It was Sunday morning, when he was found so maybe he had time to recover for Monday. Still, even if he was really tired, what are the chances that he isn't cognizant enough to not have his car block a highway before he stops his car to rest? I mean, pull into a Dennys parking lot or something. 

Reports don't say that HE stopped his car to rest. It says his car was stopped and blocking the highway. I'm assuming he stopped at a red light (or something similar) and accidentally fell asleep while he was waiting for it to turn green. 

Archived