Can someone choose to avoid the draft and sign where they want?

patriotsheatyan

3 hours ago, youngosu said:

There is simply no way for a player to avoid the draft. 

We-e-ellllll, I don't know. Seems as if there should be, under the right circumstances. Here's a hypothetical: let's say a player- a highly-rated, first-round draft-pick guy, doesn't wish to to play and live in, oh, let's say, Cleveland, or Buffalo. Wouldn't it be okay if he simply refused to join the team that drafted him, and instead, after a cursory grace period of, say, two-and-a-half days, was allowed to join The New England Patriots as a free agent, permitted to play, and indeed flourish, under the vaunted Belichick System, in order to reach his full potential as a player??

I suggest calling the free-enterprise arrangement The Patriot Act.

Image result for The Patriot Act

Think of it: Tom Brady already qualifies as a Millionaire Playboy; "Bilbo" Belichick is a Lovable Gnome!

Image result for Bill Belichick Tom Brady

The long-suffering sports fans of all New England are FINALLY given something to cheer for! The Red Sox haven't won a World Series since, when was it?, 2013?  So what if they're 13-2 thus far this season, and ahead of the Yankees with their home-run hitters- there's no guarantee they'll win it THIS year! The Boston Bruins- okaaaay, I know they're playing great thus far in the Stanley Cup playoffs and may be the favorite this year, okay, okay, but their Cup-less drought stretches all the way back to 2011! The Celtics? All right, I'll concede they're somehow still contenders even with Kyrie Irving out, what else do they have? Who, Al Horford, Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum? Give me a break! It may not be until 2019 before they win another NBA Championship!

And the Patriots- they haven't won a Super Bowl (do the math!) in almost fifteen months! What have they done for the REST of this century? Four or five Super Bowls, that's ALL?!?

This team needs help. This REGION needs Hope, and Life, and perhaps better accents! I say, let's give The Patriot Act  a try!

Image result for Boston Red SoxImage result for Boston CelticsImage result for boston bruins

Archived