Group Consensus Mock - Rd 1 Winner Rashaan Evans

JLambert58

Group Consensus Mock - Round 1  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who are YOU taking with the 28th pick? (Rd 1)

• Rashaan Evans ILB
    • Leighton Vander Esch ILB
    • Malik Jefferson ILB
    • Ronnie Harrison S
    • Justin Reid S
    • Jessie Bates S
    • Sam Hubbard OLB
    • Lorenzo Carter OLB
    • Arden Key OLB
    • Harold Landry OLB
    • Jaire Alexander CB
    • Mike Hughes CB
    • Isiah Oliver CB
    • Mike Gesicki TE
    • Dallas Goedert TE
    • Mason Rudolph QB
    • Lamar Jackson QB
    • Derius Guice RB
    • DJ Moore WR
    • Will Hernandez OG

Ok, here we go for Round 1.  Apologies if I left your guy off.  In some cases, if a player is not on the board, I decided that the consensus of all the mocks I looked at had him off the board by #28.  Landry falls in this mock as do a few CBs, the two QBs and Moore the WR.  Thanks for voting!

I'll leave this up for 24-48 hours and then on to Round 2.

45 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Steelers would pick Evans here even if I wouldn’t personally.

Who would you pick?  The point of this is not to decide who they should/would pick, but who each person prefers in this spot.

Honestly and sadly Evans and Vander Esch will most likely be gone by then.  Evans is top scheme diverse and his physicality is a plus.  Vander Esch is a smooth athlete with the sideline to sideline ability teams like.  Too many teams ahead of us have needs for MLB (Saints, Dolphins, Ravens, Bengals) and I have a feeling those two guys are coveted by those teams.

4 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Honestly and sadly Evans and Vander Esch will most likely be gone by then.  Evans is top scheme diverse and his physicality is a plus.  Vander Esch is a smooth athlete with the sideline to sideline ability teams like.  Too many teams ahead of us have needs for MLB (Saints, Dolphins, Ravens, Bengals) and I have a feeling those two guys are coveted by those teams.

So who you got?

50 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

I think it could go either way.  One or both could easily be gone, and then again, the ILB historically isn't a big round 1 grab, so I wouldn't be shocked if one or both made it to #28.  (they both have issues)  

8 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

I think it could go either way.  One or both could easily be gone, and then again, the ILB historically isn't a big round 1 grab, so I wouldn't be shocked if one or both made it to #28.  (they both have issues)  

Agreed.  There are no MLBs in this class who are flawless. Both of their flaws are coaching issues and not physical deficiencies.  

18 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Agreed.  There are no MLBs in this class who are flawless. Both of their flaws are coaching issues and not physical deficiencies.  

Agreed but I am a little concerned about Evans' groin issues.   Hopefully if he is the guy, they can get it sorted out before the season.starts. 

Went with Evans, and its a no-brainer if he's there IMO. However I'm 110% convinced either Cinci, Dallas or New England will be taking him ahead of us.

Evans, yes has some injury history but his versatility, athleticism and physicality sets him over the top for me.

8 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

Am I the only one who thinks Landry carriers more value than Evan and LVE not taking team need into account? Strictly from a BPA point I would think more would be on board with Landry.

We have a similar player to Landry in Keion Adams.  Landry is taller but they both struggle versus the run.  Both have great bend and the ability to dip under OTs.  Both are quick off the LOS.  Both use their hands well.  

It’s closer than many think but I’d go Evans over Landry due to physicality.  I want my LBs to be bullies and intimidate offensive players.  

Archived