Around the NFL

Forge

There really isn't a thread for anything non-49er related, and I think that we all like to post minor news and notes from around the league. Maybe TC updates from other teams and the like, injury news, etc. 

First up, the Jets have placed Quincy Enunwa on IR. Guys was very good last year, and figured to take another step forward. By far their best receiver. This team may be the worst of all time at this point. Its crazy to think that they have to plunder our wide receivers cast offs to try and get better at the positions at this point. Robbie Anderson is going to get like 30 targets a game. 

Also, supposedly Brashaud Breeland was kicked out of practice or taken off the field at some point in Washington. That is another relationship that seems to be strained at this point in time. He struggled last year as #2, but he was pretty solid the year before. He's gotten into some scuffles at camp, and he reacted poorly after Gruden characterized him as "over competitive".  Wonder if they end up trying to move him. He's a FA after the season, may not have interest in coming back and he's not worth the tag I think. 

Nelson Agholor is tearing up eagles camp supposedly. And now they are playing him in the slot for the majority of the time, which, for those who don't know, is Jordan Matthews spot. Curious to see how that shakes out. 

Also, Jarvis Landry being investigated for possible battery...bit of a rough start for the Dolphins this off season

Obviously just one preseason game, against back ups and future cuts for defenses but Watson looked pretty good last night and tonight Trubs is showing good as well. I'll definitely be watching tom night to see what Mahomes has against us but I think this QB class was talked down and hated on so much they came in a little underrated. People kind of forgot what these guys did well last year in college and focused on what they weren't or couldn't do. As I said, it's only one preseason game against no one worth mentioning for the most part but it's nice to see these guys playing well and looking comfortable out there in what can only be thought of as a very exciting yet intimidating first NFL action.

3 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Don't know if anyone is paying attention to the Bears/Broncos for any reason, but Trubisky is on fire. 9-9, 74 yards, 1 TD so far. 3rd stringers, but still. 

Glennon and Sanchez, on the other hand - combined for 3-12, 24 yards, 1 INT.

Of course I'm watching Y2, I think I may have been one of the very few on this forum who liked Trubs. He's definitely a rhythm passer and right now he's feeling it, he's flashing his mobility and anticipation with those slant throws. Long, long way to go for him but I think the Bears "plan" for him is going to really help him out as opposed to overwhelming him and throwing him into the fire to try and revive a somewhat limited offense.

Hey - good call on him if he continues. You were definitely one of the few who were on his bandwagon. Still thought he was only worthy of a 2nd round pick, but that's all moot now (we essentially got what I wanted and more in the draft, so still no complaints here). I do agree that it's best for him to be brought along slowly to build some confidence and put a chip on his shoulder. 

The only question is...with Glennon/Sanchez in front of him, how long will that last?

They keep saying Glennon is their starter for the year but if they start 1-5, 2-6 I can't see them not throwing him in there and getting him some game time experience. They are not a playoff team, a rebuilding one much like we are so they aren't gonna throw him out there and ask him to right the ship, so there shouldn't be all that much pressure. Just get better every week and continue to develop and handle more on his plate. 

I fully expect him to have some growing pains and learning experiences so might as well get those out of the way during a lost season. As opposed to having him go through those next year when you're one more year into the rebuild looking to see improvement amongst the team as whole. 

As far as our draft went, couldn't be happier, love what I'm hearing about almost all of our draft picks and UDFAs. I just wouldn't of been as upset if Trubs was the pick as others would have been. 

6 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017081054/2017/PRE1/Saints@Browns#menu=drivechart|contentId%3A0ap3000000828093&tab=videos

This is the exact type of run I thought you would get from Kamara, and it's why I wanted him bad. Still say he's Gore-like as a runner. 

He definitely ran well, he was another I wasn't too high but he seems to run harder than I remember from his time at Tenn. I've read one good things about him in camp as well.

That's my Quarterback (TO voice). Look at the way he is operating in the pocket. Sure he has some weaknesses right now, but really hope they let the Kizer/Hue duo stick for a few years.

Fureys, what Trubisky was to you, Kizer was to me. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
Fureys, what Trubisky was to you, Kizer was to me. 

Haha I respect that, I'm not gonna lie, he's already proven me wrong and it's been one preseason game and half way through TC although I really didn't have too high of an opinion of him. I love it when underdogs prove all the doubters wrong, for that sake alone I'm rooting for this whole QB class so Kizer has my support now.

Archived