Jump to content
Forge

Around the NFL

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Is connor barwin available? Would he be a pass rushing upgrade if only for a year or two till we get some young studs in here?

Honestly, if you're going to go that route, I don't know why you don't just bring back Dumervil at this point, you know? I kind of feel like both would just get inthe way of progress, even if each of them managed an extra sack or so over whoever we throw out there on a full time basis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Forge said:

Honestly, if you're going to go that route, I don't know why you don't just bring back Dumervil at this point, you know? I kind of feel like both would just get inthe way of progress, even if each of them managed an extra sack or so over whoever we throw out there on a full time basis. 

If only we had some young stud to progress. SIgh.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

If only we had some young stud to progress. SIgh.  

Marsh is only 25... pfffff... :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Marsh is only 25... pfffff... :P 

Ah. So he's young. Maybe he'll turn out to be a stud too. I don't generally hold out a lot of hope for guys that have been in the league 5 years and have only 6 sacks. But of course there are "late bloomers". So I can hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ninerjunkie said:

Looks like Kam is calling it quits. The legion of boom is gone

Thomas is still left.....for now. But once he is gone, truly an end of an era. What a great dominant secondary that was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just super random, but I came across the starting corners numbers for the Bengals...and holy cow, they are unreal.

Williams Jackson

Targets 43

Completions 15

Yards Allowed 151

YPA 3.5

0 TDs 

1 INT

36.1 QB Rating

Darqueze Dennard

Targets 81

Completions 51

Yards 462

TDs 3

INTs 2

YPA 5.7

QB Rating 80.1

Jackson especially has unworldly numbers. That is a man that could be THE best corner in the league very soon, or at least top 3-5. 

Dennard had a pretty damn good season as well playing the slot and outside corner. Will pay closer attention to them next season. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just super random, but I came across the starting corners numbers for the Bengals...and holy cow, they are unreal.

Williams Jackson

Targets 43

Completions 15

Yards Allowed 151

YPA 3.5

0 TDs 

1 INT

36.1 QB Rating

Darqueze Dennard

Targets 81

Completions 51

Yards 462

TDs 3

INTs 2

YPA 5.7

QB Rating 80.1

Jackson especially has unworldly numbers. That is a man that could be THE best corner in the league very soon, or at least top 3-5. 

Dennard had a pretty damn good season as well playing the slot and outside corner. Will pay closer attention to them next season. 

 

Didn't Bengals refuse to play Jackson for no good reason at all? Or since he was a rookie maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:
If this is true McCoy needs to be cut asap.

Agreed, taz, but not everyone wants to innocently click into a thread to see this.

Just sayin'.. the news, fine.. the photo of damage to a woman? pass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Didn't Bengals refuse to play Jackson for no good reason at all? Or since he was a rookie maybe.

Jackson missed his entire rookie season with an injury, but he wasn't even the starter heading into the season last year. They were starting Jones/Kirkpatrick and then Dennard was the slot corner. Fair to say that was a mistake :D

But by the end of the season he became the full time starter. Started getting good bit of time by like week four or five I believe. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone think the 49ers should submit a bid in today's supplemental draft? I'm really intrigued by Sam Beal and wouldn't mind the Niners offering a 3rd for him. He seems like an excellent fit for the niners' defense and would pair nicely with Witherspoon and Moore for a freaky long and athletic CB group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Does anyone think the 49ers should submit a bid in today's supplemental draft? I'm really intrigued by Sam Beal and wouldn't mind the Niners offering a 3rd for him. He seems like an excellent fit for the niners' defense and would pair nicely with Witherspoon and Moore for a freaky long and athletic CB group.

I wouldn't go higher than a 5th for any of them.. and I do like what I see of Beal. 

Just seems like every year, I/we overestimate what these guys will be valued at.. so I'm bidding low this time. (i think)  :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I wouldn't go higher than a 5th for any of them.. and I do like what I see of Beal. 

Just seems like every year, I/we overestimate what these guys will be valued at.. so I'm bidding low this time. (i think)  :P 

 

I tend to agree with you on supplemental draft players, but Beal's story is unique. He's not the typical "troublemaker looking to bolt college at a bad time." Apparently, he was thinking of declaring for the draft this year but didn't, then got his credits screwed up with his courses because of that and wasn't sure if he was going to be eligible to play this year. It's still a mistake on his part for not making sure his classes were in order, but comparatively speaking, he's pretty clean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beal to the Giants in the third. 

Alexander to Washington in the sixth. No other selections were made. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×