Jump to content
Forge

Around the NFL

Recommended Posts

I keep seeing all of these lists ranking the top supplemental draft selections and do not see any of them with Steve Young. I know that was for USFL players, but still seems like he should be at the top of these lists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I keep seeing all of these lists ranking the top supplemental draft selections and do not see any of them with Steve Young. I know that was for USFL players, but still seems like he should be at the top of these lists.

I'm guessing it's just because they don't consider it the same. That was a one time, special event, I believe. There was still a separate supplemental draft that year (though no one was drafted) I'm pretty sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

 

 

Anyone shelling out major money may live to regret it. Pittsburgh is going to chew him up. I'd be very concerned about a long term commitment. Wouldn't shock me at all to see him have only one or two more good years after this one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sucks for Bell, but the Steelers played this great on their end. Use the crap out of Bell as long as you can without giving him a second deal. Going to be an old 27 year old when he hits the market next year. Crazy amount of workload. But he's so talented and speed isn't his best attribute so he should still be fine for a few more seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

 

I was on Bell's side until I saw this. That's 14 mill per year. Won't get any better than that.

The Steelers contracts aren't guaranteed after the first two years.. that means they tried to sign him for 30 million over two years and then they can cut him and pay him nothing. He's better off playing for 14 this year and then getting more guaranteed money, assuming he doesn't get hurt this year. 

So it makes sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ooooo those edge rushers got me salivating. Could be a decent edge draft class next year too. Feel good still having that caps space to drop a big deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Geek said:

ooooo those edge rushers got me salivating. Could be a decent edge draft class next year too. Feel good still having that caps space to drop a big deal. 

Hopefully there is some quality talent left by the time the 49ers pick at 32nd. Might have to trade up. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still would not mind signing Ziggy next year. I got too excited this year and they tagged him. Well, could be he is the "Ansah" we need to the question of our pass rush...or we might succeed at the "pass rush by committee" approach our staff seems to be favoring this season....maybe. Hoping Marsh, Pita and Atta make a nice collective impact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sammy Watkins: 3 yrs, $48M

Mike Evans: 5yrs, $82.5M

Brandin Cooks: 5yrs, $80M

Jarvis Landry: 5yrs, $75M

Davante Adams: 4yrs, $58M

Allen Robinson: 3yrs, $42M Marqise Lee: 4yrs, $34M

Paul Richardson: 5yrs, $40M

--> OBJ: Still on rookie deal.

Edited by NcFinest9erFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Sammy Watkins: 3 yrs, $48M

Mike Evans: 5yrs, $82.5M

Brandin Cooks: 5yrs, $80M

Jarvis Landry: 5yrs, $75M

Davante Adams: 4yrs, $58M

Allen Robinson: 3yrs, $42M Marqise Lee: 4yrs, $34M

Paul Richardson: 5yrs, $40M

--> OBJ: Still on rookie deal.

During free agency I was disappointed that we didn’t get a A-Rob or Sammy but avoiding overpaying for a WR might turn out to be one of our biggest edges. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I still would not mind signing Ziggy next year. I got too excited this year and they tagged him. Well, could be he is the "Ansah" we need to the question of our pass rush...or we might succeed at the "pass rush by committee" approach our staff seems to be favoring this season....maybe. Hoping Marsh, Pita and Atta make a nice collective impact.

Signing a 30 year old Ansah to a mega deal would be bad. Maybe if this was a Demarcus Ware type player. Ansah has been up and down with his production in his career. I hope the 49ers just draft a pass rusher early. Next year's class is stacked from what it appears. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Signing a 30 year old Ansah to a mega deal would be bad. Maybe if this was a Demarcus Ware type player. Ansah has been up and down with his production in his career. I hope the 49ers just draft a pass rusher early. Next year's class is stacked from what it appears. 

FWIW since Ansah started his carerr in 2013 he has way more sacks than Ware, and that includes one non-productive year when he was hurt for most of the year. In  the most recent 3 years - 2015 to 2017,  which counts more to me than what a guy did quite a number of year ago, Ware has 11.5 sacks and Ansah has 28.5. They both had injury years in that 3-year period.

Also FWIW, I would not say Ansah has been up and down in his career.,  He had 8 and 7.5 his first two years which is great for a rookie and second year guy, then he's had 14.5, 2 and 12. So it's literally true he was up and down those three years, but the year when he had 2 he was injured. That even nagged him early the following year. But bottom line is that aside from one injury year he has been consistently really productive. So injuries might be a concern, buit consistency when healthy should not be.

Edited by big9erfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×