Around the NFL

Forge

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

L-O-L at the I get why Brown is the starter. I mean was this even in question? Elite pass protectors will always start, especially when you are protecting someone like Brady. Sure he is flawed in the run game, but not many better at pass protection than him. 

I don't understand how people are surprised or were completely oblivious to him. 

They legit don't know how talented of a pass protector he is and how good he is. That OL for the Patriots along with the running game is going to be really good. Got weaker at WR, but better at OL and the RB situation is just as good if not better. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They legit don't know how talented of a pass protector he is and how good he is. That OL for the Patriots along with the running game is going to be really good. Got weaker at WR, but better at OL and the RB situation is just as good if not better. 

The amazing party is that someone in the pats forum thought brown was going to be the swing tackle. I wanted to be like, what? Brown is pretty damn good.... You don't have two better

I'm still happy that we got Mclinch though. I think he has much better upside and Brown was really...really bad in the run game for us and our scheme. Didn't help his guard partner was awful most of the year too. 

On 2018-07-28 at 3:41 PM, Forge said:

I don't understand how people are surprised or were completely oblivious to him. 

I do understand how people are surprised... we weren't exactly a showcase for the passing game during his first few years in the league. No attention whatsoever was brought to him and his prowess. We saw it, because we were looking long and hard for anything positive. The rest of the league wasn't.

Anyone paying attention to this roquan / bears hold out? Pretty crazy what the bears are trying to do. For those that don't know, the bears are basically trying to include a provision in his contact that they can recoup guaranteed money or void guaranteed money if Smith is suspended for the new helmet contact rules. 

I'm totally on Smith's side here. Given that he's a heat seeking missile of a linebacker, playing a position and style that is often subject to bang bang plays like that, is never agree to that provision and give the bears that kind of ownership

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

I honestly have no idea what the raiders are playing at in this whole mess. 

They obviously find him not worth the money he wants. Things like this as a coach you have to say because if he says he is a guy they cant miss the price tag goes up even higher. It is basically just a poker game between the raiders and Macks representetives.

Jim Harbaugh I do not miss. He had a window, however brief, and it slammed shut without success--close, but unsuccessful as far as getting the next Lombardi. His inflexibility is part of why it slammed shut. Really enjoyed 2011, his 1st year, but '12 was disappointing and we all know how the rest went...ugh. 

Sounds like Mack is not appreciated...should we toss an offer across the Bay? Would be intriguing if we did.

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Jim Harbaugh I do not miss. He had a window, however brief, and it slammed shut without success--close, but unsuccessful as far as getting the next Lombardi. His inflexibility is part of why it slammed shut. Really enjoyed 2011, his 1st year, but '12 was disappointing and we all know how the rest went...ugh. 

Sounds like Mack is not appreciated...should we toss an offer across the Bay? Would be intriguing if we did.

Yeah his whole coaching career has been really good overall but he can't get over the hump. I loved him and enjoyed the ride but I'm over it now. He really screwed up at crucial times in games.

15 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Yeah his whole coaching career has been really good overall but he can't get over the hump. I loved him and enjoyed the ride but I'm over it now. He really screwed up at crucial times in games.

I loved Harbaugh. He is completely insane, but I loved him as our head coach. I think with calling the owner out in front of all the players and things like that he dug his own grave, but I was always excited with Harbaugh. He does seem to have that ‘very good coach who can’t get over the hump’ feel to him though; he was the same way at Stanford with Luck. I couldn’t be happier with the HC/GM combo we have now, but when Jimmy got fired I was irate. Trent should have been the guy that got the axe. I’m not too upset because we may not be where we are now had we not fired Harbaugh, but Jed made a mistake keeping Baalke instead of Harbaugh, and I will stand by that statement until the day I die.

giphy.gif

Archived