Around the NFL

Forge

Too early for Key on me, given who he is battling in camp, but I'd put in a call for Mack. Somehow I'm not sure they would be willing to trade him access the bay. I'm not giving up two firsts like some people are okay with though. 

55 minutes ago, Forge said:

Too early for Key on me, given who he is battling in camp, but I'd put in a call for Mack. Somehow I'm not sure they would be willing to trade him access the bay. I'm not giving up two firsts like some people are okay with though. 

With the early returns of these draft picks this regime has made, plus what a pass rusher like Mack would do for this team, I would be comfortable with two. Mack is one of the very rare instances where I would do this. But he checks the elite player and elite position checkmarks, so you have to pay. Me, I'd expect to be giving away two picks in the 30s if you add Mack to this team.

12 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

With the early returns of these draft picks this regime has made, plus what a pass rusher like Mack would do for this team, I would be comfortable with two. Mack is one of the very rare instances where I would do this. But he checks the elite player and elite position checkmarks, so you have to pay. Me, I'd expect to be giving away two picks in the 30s if you add Mack to this team.

Completely agree with you here. Pass-rushers are almost like QBs...hitting on a really good one is like finding a needle in a haystack. And Mack isn't just good, he's elite. And he's well-rounded, as he's a force against the run as well. As good as Lynch & Co have been with their round 3 -7 picks, I'd gladly give up two firsts and a second for Mack. Yes we still have some holes but adding Mack would eliminate the biggest and most difficult hole on the roster to fill. I'd do it w/o hesitation and that's rare for me because I'm always a advocate of drafting your star players instead of signing them from other teams. But as you stated, Mack is a rare case where your getting a bonafide star player as he enters his prime.

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

Completely agree with you here. Pass-rushers are almost like QBs...hitting on a really good one is like finding a needle in a haystack. And Mack isn't just good, he's elite. And he's well-rounded, as he's a force against the run as well. As good as Lynch & Co have been with their round 3 -7 picks, I'd gladly give up two firsts and a second for Mack. Yes we still have some holes but adding Mack would eliminate the biggest and most difficult hole on the roster to fill. I'd do it w/o hesitation and that's rare for me because I'm always a advocate of drafting your star players instead of signing them from other teams. But as you stated, Mack is a rare case where your getting a bonafide star player as he enters his prime.

Exactly. 100% agree.

59 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I just think it is unnecessary. Once again overpaying when the need isn't there. The market for Mack, despite his greatness, is highly unlikely to be two firsts in my opinion. It's just too limited a field. If they decide to trade him, I feel pretty comfortable that he's not going to yield that kind of return. If that market did in fact get to that, I'm willing to listen. Just don't think it would, so that's not exactly an offer I'm leading out with

Just now, Forge said:

So Corey Coleman was flipped for a 2020 7th round selection. That's rough. 

Not a bad get for the Bills. If we didn't have the amount of WRs we have, I would have taken that trade in a heart beat. I mean I still probably would have. 

I'm assuming this means Callaway has been out playing him in camp? And does this mean they sign Dez or no? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not a bad get for the Bills. If we didn't have the amount of WRs we have, I would have taken that trade in a heart beat. I mean I still probably would have. 

I'm assuming this means Callaway has been out playing him in camp? And does this mean they sign Dez or no? 

I've head almost nothing about Callaway from camp standpoint outside of catching one bomb he caught, but I don't exactly dig into them. I think that the team has been trying to move Coleman for quite some time though. There were rumors earlier in the off season when they were making all the trades that Coleman was going to be next, so I really don't think it has anything to do with Callaway or  anything. I think Dorsey is just cleaning house. 

I do expect them to sign Dez, but that's only because I have no idea what's going on with Josh Gordon. Assuming that he's okay and going to be good to go to start the regular season, but honestly have no idea. 

Patriots have released Malcolm Mitchell. Flashed quite a bit, and I liked him coming out of college, just couldn't stay healthy. 

I can't remember the last time I looked at appealing wide receiver cast offs and thought, "you know, no, I think we are good here". Feels good to be honest. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Patriots have released Malcolm Mitchell. Flashed quite a bit, and I liked him coming out of college, just couldn't stay healthy. 

I can't remember the last time I looked at appealing wide receiver cast offs and thought, "you know, no, I think we are good here". Feels good to be honest. 

A friend of mine has been blowing up my phone all day lamenting the fact we didn't trade for Corey Coleman lol he won't shut up about it

I didn't think WR was a huge need, even before we drafted Pettis. 

It also feels great knowing you have a QB and HC who will utilize WRs skills to the fullest. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I like that they include Jimmie Ward LOL. That dude has no trade value whatsoever at that price point in my opinion. Garnett / Armstead would seem more likely to me. 

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Put me in the camp that would throw two 1st at the raiders for this. And tbh it might take even more considering our 1's are going to be in the pick 20 or later range. 

I really wonder where the market would be for him. There are  a lot of teams who simply can't afford him money wise. I think you can also rule out the AFC West. I think that the Bears and us would have to be a couple of the most interested parties. Both have glaring needs on the edge, both have money to make the move. The Titans could be an interesting choice, but they have two okay edge guys and drafted Landry to boot. A majority of the teams in the league can't afford his cap hit this year, so they'd have to get pretty creative (extension that includes the current year being restructured). The Steelers would be the perfect example there.  I really just don't know that the market is big enough for two firsts. He's worth it, I just think that it could be unnecessary because I don't think that there are enough teams in on that. 

Archived