Around the NFL

Forge

18 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Doesn't Guice have a history of knee problems and ACLs in particular? I could have sworn that was why he dropped in the draft, just not absolutely certain. Sad. 

He dropped in the draft because apparently he likes video games lol. That's not even a joke, that was one of the things said about him (it was mainly character stuff, but that was one of the examples, which is funny) 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

He dropped in the draft because apparently he likes video games lol. That's not even a joke, that was one of the things said about him (it was mainly character stuff, but that was one of the examples, which is funny) 

Now I know why I went undrafted!

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, and I can respect that...of course, if you had asked who I would rather take, McG or Landry at 9, I probably would have said the latter LOL

I was behind taking Landry at 9, because I felt that if our staff picked him, it meant that he checked off the boxes that I can't check off from my couch as a fan. Athletically and skillset wise, I was more than okay with Landry.

I loved Thomas's sack yesterday, with Buck collapsing the entire side of the OL, and Solly getting off his block to clean up. I hope that's what we get more of this year.

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

Better to like video games than liking to party like Manziel. If I was a scout or GM, I'd feel better about the former than the latter. Considering the financial investments in these players, I'd rather have the one who is less likely to get in trouble.

12 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Wow. I thought he had an outside chance to be the most productive rookie runner this year.

Makes me sad for Guice, Washington, and Alex. I think they could make some noise this year, if providing some sense of balance. Injuries hit them hard last year, and are not off to a good start in August this time around. 

On a brighter note, maybe SF can have an easier run through the NFCCG now. 

17 hours ago, Forge said:

Really?! Wow. Had not heard that. 

16 hours ago, rudyZ said:

Better to like video games than liking to party like Manziel. If I was a scout or GM, I'd feel better about the former than the latter. Considering the financial investments in these players, I'd rather have the one who is less likely to get in trouble.

Absolutely! Rather draft a game geek than a party animal. How can the geek get in trouble when he is home no matter what time of day it is?!

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

If the Bengals magically cut Andy Dalton tomorrow, and decided to move on who would scoop him up immediately as their starter heading into the 2018 season? Any teams? I know most are committed with who they have at this point. 

Nobody that I can think of. Buffalo would be a maybe. Several would sign him, just not as a for sure starter. I said last year that once Dalton is done with the Bengals, he's going on a run where he plays for like five teams in seven years

On 8/11/2018 at 11:33 PM, Forge said:

Nobody that I can think of. Buffalo would be a maybe. Several would sign him, just not as a for sure starter. I said last year that once Dalton is done with the Bengals, he's going on a run where he plays for like five teams in seven years

Jacksonville? Dalton >  bortles? lol

Looks like the Rams and Donald have come to an agreement at 24 Mil. Yes, you read that right, 24 mil. That's 5 million higher per season than the previous top salaried defensive player (Von Miller). Donald absolutely demolished that. 

So for those wanting Mack - that's your basis point of a contract now. Definitely going to be 23 / 24 million per season. Honestly, Raiders may as  well just tell him to report at this point because they are just going to franchise tag him two times after this year. That's what I would do. Probably looking at 2 years, 42 million at that strategy. 

**edit**

did see that the source of the deal isn't a typical one and may not be reputable. Will wait to see what the big guys say. 

Vegas which definitely knows its stuff has the Raiders trading Mack before November 1. Packers are listed as the favorites and I think that is because they have two first rounders in 2019 so they are perceived to have the most draft capital for a move like that. I'm not sure if it will be possible for them to pay Rodgers his new deal plus what Mack will want, but interesting nonetheless. 

Come on Lynch, trade the 2019 and 2020 1st round picks for this beast!

Archived