Around the NFL

Forge

41 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Vegas which definitely knows its stuff has the Raiders trading Mack before November 1. Packers are listed as the favorites and I think that is because they have two first rounders in 2019 so they are perceived to have the most draft capital for a move like that. I'm not sure if it will be possible for them to pay Rodgers his new deal plus what Mack will want, but interesting nonetheless. 

Come on Lynch, trade the 2019 and 2020 1st round picks for this beast!

I'd be curious if the Donald deal makes the Raiders run to sign  him if it's true he's willing to take only 22 million (those are the rumors). if the Donald contract is true (I haven't seen it claimed by any more reputable source than the one provided in the news forum yet) and Macks' price goes up, I have a really hard time seeing the Raiders pay Mack in such a way. I think they are essentially left with two options, though they still have some leverage. Trade him, acquire what assets they can and wash their hands of him, or not back down from the Option / Tag / Tag scenario. The latter is easily lthe most appealing for them - they'd get him essentially at a bargain rate of 3 years, slightly less than 60 million. I'd be really interested to see if Mack could keep holding out if they went that route. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's my thing, why not just tag him for two years? Something seems fishy about this whole thing though. Gruden very well may just move him and collect some draft capital in return.

The crappy thing for Mack? If Donald's contract is real, it won't even affect his franchise tag numbers lol. 

On 8/14/2018 at 7:54 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Vegas which definitely knows its stuff has the Raiders trading Mack before November 1. Packers are listed as the favorites and I think that is because they have two first rounders in 2019 so they are perceived to have the most draft capital for a move like that. I'm not sure if it will be possible for them to pay Rodgers his new deal plus what Mack will want, but interesting nonetheless. 

Come on Lynch, trade the 2019 and 2020 1st round picks for this beast!

Vegas is probably the most reputable source for these types of rumors, lol. The reggie mckenzie connect to GB might help matters for them. Bills and Colts make sense too. 

Haven't watched any Pats games yet, but supposedly Brown is killing it. Even mauling defenders in run game and obviously doing what he does in pass protection. Playing with Brady he's going to become a household name and very wealthy next year. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Haven't watched any Pats games yet, but supposedly Brown is killing it. Even mauling defenders in run game and obviously doing what he does in pass protection. Playing with Brady he's going to become a household name and very wealthy next year. 

They showed a cut away of him and mentioned how he helped us 'maul in the run game' and put up a stat showing our run games overall yardage 2-3 years ago like it was some impressive feat that he was a major part of lol 

10 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I watched the first game, and he looked average. Good for him if he becomes a stud. He just didn't fit what Kyle is trying to build. There's a cost to trading away a player because of a poor fit, but it's a cost I'm willing to pay in order to install Kyle's vision.

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

I watched the first game, and he looked average. Good for him if he becomes a stud. He just didn't fit what Kyle is trying to build. There's a cost to trading away a player because of a poor fit, but it's a cost I'm willing to pay in order to install Kyle's vision.

Yeah, I saw some cut ups of his first few plays and he had a rough opening drive. Maybe he picked it up after that I don't know, but seems like Pats fans were happy with his performance. 

13 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Saw a few highlight of Wynn too - looking pretty good for a rook

A battle between two of the best at their respective positions from last season. Good stuff, but Hopkins with a good QB would have had over 100 yards on Ramsey. Dude is just so good at beating the press. Best to probably play a bit off of him. 

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I saw some cut ups of his first few plays and he had a rough opening drive. Maybe he picked it up after that I don't know, but seems like Pats fans were happy with his performance. 

Yeah, but it's training camp, so I bet the team and the reporters are hyping everyone out of proportion, just like many of our players are currently getting hyped up out of proportion. I'm sure Trent will play very well for the Pats. Brady makes everybody look good, and Trent is very talented, so I think he will shine. But I doubt his newfound "pancaking" ability will be what he will be known for. He'll go back to being a supremely talented pass blocker with so-so run blocking, in all likelihood. But the scheme and Brady will mask his run blocking deficiencies.

Archived