Around the NFL

Forge

Lawd Mahomes can launch it. Draft Hill in your fantasy leagues, going to have a monster season. 

Hyde in a system with more shot gun and a read option QB? Yep, he's in the right system. 

Christian McCafrey isn't too bad himself. That was some breakaway speed there. 

Good to see David Johnson return. May get that 1,000 yard rushing and receiving season that he was so close to getting two years ago. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lawd Mahomes can launch it. Draft Hill in your fantasy leagues, going to have a monster season. 

Hyde in a system with more shot gun and a read option QB? Yep, he's in the right system. 

Christian McCafrey isn't too bad himself. That was some breakaway speed there. 

Good to see David Johnson return. May get that 1,000 yard rushing and receiving season that he was so close to getting two years ago. 

OMG. THrew it from his 25. Caught at the 5.  Officially a 69 yarder. Neats longest throw and catch  (without YAC) in the NFL over the past two season by close to 10 yards. Of course he threw two balls right to defenders so it might just be a matter of how well he can avoid mistakes. Interceptions really hurt, Multiple inteerceptions very frequently lead to losses (unelss the opposing QB also throws multiple ints).

3 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

OMG. THrew it from his 25. Caught at the 5.  Officially a 69 yarder. Neats longest throw and catch  (without YAC) in the NFL over the past two season by close to 10 yards. Of course he threw two balls right to defenders so it might just be a matter of how well he can avoid mistakes. Interceptions really hurt, Multiple inteerceptions very frequently lead to losses (unelss the opposing QB also throws multiple ints).

Anyone remember the old qb challenge? I'd love to get that back and have a few of these guys in the longest throw. Stafford, flacco, Allen, Mahomes... It'd be awesome

On 8/17/2018 at 7:53 PM, Forge said:

Anyone remember the old qb challenge? I'd love to get that back and have a few of these guys in the longest throw. Stafford, flacco, Allen, Mahomes... It'd be awesome

Mahomes would win that challenge. Or would it be Allen?

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Mahomes would win that challenge. Or would it be Allen?

I feel like those two would have the leg up, but man, I kind of feel like the sleeper here my be Flacco. People forget what an arm he has because he never seems to throw it much further than 8 or 9 yards on the field any more. But maybe age has caught up with him and taken off a little of the power. 

15 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Ummmm....okay. People do dumb things. Not always news worthy. 9_9

We talk vegas all the time and the story is up on espn, so I guess it is news worthy enough. 

Also, it's pretty interesting. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

We talk vegas all the time and the story is up on espn, so I guess it is news worthy enough. 

Also, it's pretty interesting. 

Has anyone ever looked at the effect of the Hard Knocks TV Show on betting trends? It wouldn't seem too shocking if appearing on Hard Knocks typically resulted in more people betting on that team.

2 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Has anyone ever looked at the effect of the Hard Knocks TV Show on betting trends? It wouldn't seem too shocking if appearing on Hard Knocks typically resulted in more people betting on that team.

That would actually be a fun little exercise. I'm not sure it would have a crazy large effect (I suppose it depends on what happens during the show, how the team looks when playing). Cleveland is such an interesting case because they had such a huge roster turnover which included acquiring a few name guys (including the number one overall pick...and while he may not play, I'm willing to bet that a certain segment of the betting populace actually doesn't know that) that it wouldn't shock me if people are starting to get into some hype that comes along with Hardknocks. They haven't been a dumpster fire in preseason either so far, so I think that helps with the visual part of it for some people. 

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Im wondering why its only 60-1. I guess Vegas learned their lesson with the Knights. Im disappointed Washington won simply because it would have been a huge boon to the economy lol 1000-1 ... although $100 on 60-1 doesnt sound too terrible. I have the niners at 30-1 :D

Archived