Around the NFL

Forge

8 hours ago, N4L said:

Im wondering why its only 60-1. I guess Vegas learned their lesson with the Knights. Im disappointed Washington won simply because it would have been a huge boon to the economy lol 1000-1 ... although $100 on 60-1 doesnt sound too terrible. I have the niners at 30-1 :D

The niners at 30-1 is a pretty solid value. Last I checked, they were 20-1, so you've definitely got the right end of that. 

1 minute ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Also, The Jaguars and Eagles are already $20 mil and $30 mil over the 2019 salary cap, and that doesn't include their draft classes. They're gonna have to make some moves to save money. 

The Jags have some guys, that while effective players, should be easy cuts. Dareus and Jackson would save them 21 million alone if they cut them both. While that's unlikely, at least one of them is for sure gone. Gibson would save 7.5, and given the safety market, that should be a no brainer. He's not good enough to warrant that type of cap hit over some of the guys you can just pick up on the line at this point. ASF and Church would be about another 10 million. So I think that's largely an easy fix for them, because while some of them are solid players, they are easily not worth the cap hit. I think that they can replace a lot of the guys that they would cut with similar players for much cheaper, though that's kind of a wait and see situation. The tough part will be those two defensive tackles. They'll certainly have some tough decisions though. They are going to lose quality players. 

The Eagles is a super easy fix for the most part  and shouldn't require them losing too much. Cutting Nick Foles saves 18.8 million against the cap immediately. My guess would be that given his advancing age and health, Jason Peters is also on the chopping block at another 8 million saved. This could be a big loss, but honestly, really depends on what type of quality of play we are expecting at this point in his career coming off the knee injury. Chris Long will come off the books at 5 million, I would assume, as would Michael Bennett at 7, so I don't think that the Eagles are going to be much worse off once they fix their cap for next year. 

I'm not sure how reliable it is, as I thought I had heard a long time ago that New York Daily News wasn't exactly reliable with regards to sports, but apparently, the Jets have reached out to the Raiders regarding Mack. 

I really wish we would make a call. I'm not all about selling the farm for him, but I have no issue with presenting them an initial offer of a 1 and 3 this year, followed by a conditional 2nd/3rd next year and potentially a swap of picks somewhere. The Jared Allen deal is fine with me with maybe a little more upside from the conditional. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure how reliable it is, as I thought I had heard a long time ago that New York Daily News wasn't exactly reliable with regards to sports, but apparently, the Jets have reached out to the Raiders regarding Mack. 

I really wish we would make a call. I'm not all about selling the farm for him, but I have no issue with presenting them an initial offer of a 1 and 3 this year, followed by a conditional 2nd/3rd next year and potentially a swap of picks somewhere. The Jared Allen deal is fine with me with maybe a little more upside from the conditional. 

How I hope that call goes down:

"Hey, just calling to see if that Mack player is available for us."

"No."

"Ok."

21 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

I remember people saying he was the steal of the draft, dude had a freaky combine. 

Pretty sure I had him as a late first early second rd prospect like many. No idea why he didn't work out there, but Oakland doesn't inspire me much as a DB's coaching paradise. 

33 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Pretty sure I had him as a late first early second rd prospect like many. No idea why he didn't work out there, but Oakland doesn't inspire me much as a DB's coaching paradise. 

He can't stay healthy. One raider fan posted that there were questions regarding his commitment as well. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

He can't stay healthy. One raider fan posted that there were questions regarding his commitment as well. 

He also hasn't been able to get on the field much. And apparently has been pretty unimpressive when he has practiced. And is still dealing with issues from his hip surgery from last year. That's a tough battle for any kid. 

On 2018-08-22 at 5:41 PM, mw2noobbuster said:

How I hope that call goes down:

"Hey, just calling to see if that Mack player is available for us."

"No."

"Ok."

But then, on october 31st, they'll call back and ask "Are you still interested? We'll give you Mack for a second rounder."

Archived