Around the NFL

Forge

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bengals defense is going to be pretty damn good this year. That pass rush is straight filthy in nickel situations and they have the corners on the back end. Bengals defense is probably a top 10 unit if they stay healthy. 

Would agree. They could be a sneaky good team if Dalton and the offense show up. The oline in particular is a bit treacherous

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

So is Bowman going to get signed?

Not really sure. I figured a team like the Packers would be jumping to sign him with the injures they've had. Before the Bears drafted Roquan Smith, I though him reuniting with Fangio made a ton of sense. Even a team like the Rams could use him in the middle of that 3-4. I don't know if teams view him as tainted goods or what but I think Bow still had alot of football left in him. And he should look better physically, being that he's now almost two years removed from his Achilles tear.

4 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

dayum. I must not be paying attention lately to the greatness of Tyler Lockett.  : /

It's a little bit of a weird contract. I'm assuming that they gave it to him based on predicted future production because so far in his career he's basically been 500-700 wr3 type with elite special teams contribution. So they must envision him as their #2 moving forward, because that'd be a lot of money to spend on a #3 guy, even with his special teams. Makes you feel really good about that Goodwin contract though. 

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's a little bit of a weird contract. I'm assuming that they gave it to him based on predicted future production because so far in his career he's basically been 500-700 wr3 type with elite special teams contribution. So they must envision him as their #2 moving forward, because that'd be a lot of money to spend on a #3 guy, even with his special teams. Makes you feel really good about that Goodwin contract though. 

Also may have had to do with Paul Richardson departing to DC, maybe.

Big fan of Goodwin, and his contract is fine by me with what he brings, yes sir. :) 

I thought Bridgewater was only going to go for a 6th rounder, but getting a 3rd for him is big time for the Jets. Granted, they did give up a 6th rounder themselves but still a nice trade for them.

And could be a very good trade for the Saints as well. Only thing is Bridgewater can dictate where he goes next season and may want to start ASAP. 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I thought Bridgewater was only going to go for a 6th rounder, but getting a 3rd for him is big time for the Jets. Granted, they did give up a 6th rounder themselves but still a nice trade for them.

And could be a very good trade for the Saints as well. Only thing is Bridgewater can dictate where he goes next season and may want to start ASAP. 

Love for the Jets. Don't love it for the saints, but don't hate it. There's merit in security for one year when you have super bowl aspirations

Archived