Around the NFL

Forge

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Wow, did not realize there were so many fools willing to trade for a headcase addict. Just do not get it at all. :S

Like Bill Walsh said about Terrell Owens, everything thinks they can help people make a turnaround. At least in the NFL if you're talented enough, people believe they can either change a guy or at the minimum manage the baggage. I think it's worse with fans, just thinking about the benefits of a quality player on their team. Usually doesn't work out. 

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm skeptical. He's missed a lot of time so it's not clear how good he is any more. Then you've got the personal issues. It's been reported that thefinal straw was that he injureed himself during a recent photo shoot. So you've got the injury, plus the empty headedness of doing something risky right while he's trying to get back into the league. I'm sure there are teams that will be willing to take a chance on him. I'm just not sure they'll be willing to pay a lot to take that shot.

3 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

There's rumored to be some beef between shanahan and the Browns right? yea this trade isn't going our way im afraid. 

It's funny, one of my buddies drafted Gordon 3rd overall in our league. 

That was with a previous regime. Basically their gm at the time would text him play calls during the game and Kyle was having none of it. He blew the whistle on it to the league when the gm in question wouldn't stop. 

I imagine they do have salt about the fact the pats traded Garoppolo to us for less than what they were willing to pay. So I doubt they trade Gordon to us or the pats lol 

3 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

There's rumored to be some beef between shanahan and the Browns right? yea this trade isn't going our way im afraid. 

It's funny, one of my buddies drafted Gordon 3rd overall in our league. 

As @N4L said, that was a previous regime...actually, I think that was multiple regimes ago lol. 

Remember, we did just complete a trade with the browns for Shon Coleman, so obviously we are at least on communication terms with them. Dorsey is a rather aloof guy with his subordinates, but seems to have a good rep across the league and I don't know of any issues with him from our team standpoint. 

52 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I'm skeptical. He's missed a lot of time so it's not clear how good he is any more. Then you've got the personal issues. It's been reported that thefinal straw was that he injureed himself during a recent photo shoot. So you've got the injury, plus the empty headedness of doing something risky right while he's trying to get back into the league. I'm sure there are teams that will be willing to take a chance on him. I'm just not sure they'll be willing to pay a lot to take that shot.

Yeah, I agree with you here. I don't know what "legit compensation" is referring to, but the only way it's "legit" in terms of being a high mid round pick is if it's conditional. Otherwise, I think it's late round flier territory (or maybe even player based). Like you said - nobody really knows how good he is any more. Since his crazy 1600 yard season in 2013 (5 years ago) he doesn't have 700 yards receiving total. That being said, on a per game basis, he's still pretty strong in the two other years he played, though obviously games are minimal, but still, there's a fair amount of projection going on here. Add that he's very high maintenance at this point, and also a free agent at the end of the year, I don't know how legit the compensation can possibly be. 

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Like Bill Walsh said about Terrell Owens, everything thinks they can help people make a turnaround. At least in the NFL if you're talented enough, people believe they can either change a guy or at the minimum manage the baggage. I think it's worse with fans, just thinking about the benefits of a quality player on their team. Usually doesn't work out. 

Don't discredit my boy TO and group him with this clown

Archived