Around the NFL

Forge

2 hours ago, Justone2 said:

While i think Gordon is one of the if not the most talented receiver in the NFL i just don't trust the guy to stay out of trouble. 

I don't think he'll stay out of trouble for long, either.  Couple that with the fact that he's played only 11 games since 2014, totaling 655 yards and 2 TDs.  I get it, he didn't have Tom Brady throwing to him, but still...  

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed.  

I'm a huge fan of Nagy as a play-caller. He could teach Shanny a thing or two about how to attack space in the red-zone. I like the way he infuses some college elements into his scheme. It really keeps defenses off balance, not to mention it helps out Trubisky a ton. I think he's going to be one of the better offensive minds we'll face all year along with Reid. 

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

You're not wrong. 

It's funny to me because you don't think we are a very good team. If you did, I could understand the frustration because you'd have expectations... In your eyes we aren't a playoff team so what's the difference? 

Just now, N4L said:

It's funny to me because you don't think we are a very good team. If you did, I could understand the frustration because you'd have expectations... In your eyes we aren't a playoff team so what's the difference? 

Because my expectation was that Jimmy was going to look good, but it wouldn't be enough to career this lackluster of a roster in addition to how stacked the NFC is. That's all I wanted this season. For Jimmy to look like he did in the 5 games last year. If that isn't happening, then the 49ers are closer to everything else being irrelevant which is the worst case scenario. 

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

I'm a huge fan of Nagy as a play-caller. He could teach Shanny a thing or two about how to attack space in the red-zone. I like the way he infuses some college elements into his scheme. It really keeps defenses off balance, not to mention it helps out Trubisky a ton. I think he's going to be one of the better offensive minds we'll face all year along with Reid. 

If only nagy had a quarterback to take advantage of that play calling

55 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Because my expectation was that Jimmy was going to look good, but it wouldn't be enough to career this lackluster of a roster in addition to how stacked the NFC is. That's all I wanted this season. For Jimmy to look like he did in the 5 games last year. If that isn't happening, then the 49ers are closer to everything else being irrelevant which is the worst case scenario. 

We are 1-1 with two tough games coming up. Give it another month

Archived