Around the NFL

Forge

20 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Haha I respect that, I'm not gonna lie, he's already proven me wrong and it's been one preseason game and half way through TC although I really didn't have too high of an opinion of him. I love it when underdogs prove all the doubters wrong, for that sake alone I'm rooting for this whole QB class so Kizer has my support now.

Forge and I were debating earlier last season how good the QB class was. I thought there were four or five 1st round or high 2nd round caliber QBs. Obviously too early to tell, but it has much more potential than last year's class. Oh yeah, then tomorrow we get to see Mahomes who supposedly has lit it up in practice.

Watson/Trubisky/Kizer/Mahomes could turn out to be a damn good class......And possibly Beathard could be added to the list ;)

The rookie quarterbacks looked not half bad in their first action. Trubs, Kizer, Watson...none of them looked lost. I don't take much from the first pre season game, it's more a case where if they look awful (Jeff Goff last year) you may perk an eye brow. It's funny because I thought the full on best and worst of Kizer was on display last night - beautiful downfield throws, takes a sack lol. 

We all know how I felt about the quarterbacks last year. I didn't "hate" them, but I didn''t see enough there to make them first round picks. Hopefully they prove me wrong. Honestly, I want to stop bashing guys coming out of these offenses, and the way to do that is to have some of these guys actually succeed at the next level lol. 

@Forge You definitely did not see the worst of Kizer last night. That dude can flip a switch from good to awful in a heartbeat. His play is so annoyingly mercurial. But a lot of the good Kizer was on display.

I root for all my old Mountaineers, Gators, and Fightin' Irish, though. So I'm cheering for him. Cheering for all those QBs. They're mostly all in the AFC, and don't bother me after all. Trubisky is the only one I need to suck more often. 

It will probably get dropped to a lower number...don't know what that number will be, but a lower one. 2, 3, 4? Somewhere around there. Maybe 1. Maybe zero. Maybe 10. Maybe it gets raised. 

^Trying to predict Goodell and NFL policy enforcement. 

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

It will probably get dropped to a lower number...don't know what that number will be, but a lower one. 2, 3, 4? Somewhere around there. Maybe 1. Maybe zero. Maybe 10. Maybe it gets raised. 

^Trying to predict Goodell and NFL policy enforcement. 

haha. My guess is 4 as week 5 is against the Packers and that can be a marquee game in the NFL schedule. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Rams acquired WR Sammy Watkins and a 2018 sixth-round pick from the Bills in exchange for CB E.J. Gaines and a 2018 second-round pick.

Bills acquired WR Jordan Matthews and a 2018 third-round pick from the Eagles in exchange for CB Ronald Darby.

Whoa. Big deals. That Rams deal has so much potential for them, but Sammy just can't stay healthy. I'm a Gaines fan, was in his draft as he was one of my favorite corners, but I believe he's had some issues staying healthy as well. 

Kinda called that shot on the Jordan Matthews thing - Nelson has been tearing up camp and they have been playing the slot which is where Matthews plays. Didn't Darby have a great year? I love Gaines, but I thought Darby was supposed to be a beast. 

This is really interesting because they seem to just be going into full on rebuild mode. Watkins + Darby is much greater than Matthews + Gaines in my opinion, so you just need to account for the picks. They also have two first rounders next year, I believe, so they'll be able to inject talent in there quickly. 

I kind of wish we had been in on either of those receivers. 

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

Whoa. Big deals. That Rams deal has so much potential for them, but Sammy just can't stay healthy. I'm a Gaines fan, was in his draft as he was one of my favorite corners, but I believe he's had some issues staying healthy as well. 

Kinda called that shot on the Jordan Matthews thing - Nelson has been tearing up camp and they have been playing the slot which is where Matthews plays. Didn't Darby have a great year? I love Gaines, but I thought Darby was supposed to be a beast. 

This is really interesting because they seem to just be going into full on rebuild mode. Watkins + Darby is much greater than Matthews + Gaines in my opinion, so you just need to account for the picks. They also have two first rounders next year, I believe, so they'll be able to inject talent in there quickly. 

I kind of wish we had been in on either of those receivers. 

Same. If anything wouldn't have mind getting Watkins.

BUFF set up for 2018 draft:‬ ‪2 1st round picks (Mahomes deal)‬ ‪- 2 2nd round picks (Watkins deal)‬ ‪- 2 3rd round picks (Matthews-Darby deal).‬

I'm kind of surprised we haven't made a move for an established db.  On the other hand I'd rather keep those draft picks and continue on the heels of this year's draft.  Trading a still decent Vance Macdonald for someone else's still decent CB or S might still be an option.

6 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I'm kind of surprised we haven't made a move for an established db.  On the other hand I'd rather keep those draft picks and continue on the heels of this year's draft.  Trading a still decent Vance Macdonald for someone else's still decent CB or S might still be an option.

Welcome @big9erfan! Glad to see you made it over. 

Archived