Around the NFL

Forge

8 minutes ago, Ataal said:

And Chicago wins another game.  And, against Carolina.  Think they're out of our race for the 1st pick?  lol

At the start of the season I thought that it would be a race, at this point in the season I have accepted that it is not.  Cleveland just does not play fair.

Malik Hooker tore his ACL and MCL today. Ouch. The Colts weren't going to do anything this year, but brutal loss...and that's going to be a heck of a recovery for the rook. I'm wondering if he'll be ready to go next year...I think I could see him starting the season on IR, and then them making a decision about whether or not to bring him back in the middle of next year. 

Well Palmer having broken his arm, it looks like Arizona could finish with a really bad record going the rest of the way. Palmer may have played his last down in the NFL, and I'm guessing they're taking his replacement with their first pick in the upcoming draft. They were probably going to do that already, but I just hope we don't cut it close with them in terms of draft order. Probably won't, but I wanted them to go 6-10 or maybe 8-8 for the year. Now they might be lucky to go 4-12. 

55 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Well Palmer having broken his arm, it looks like Arizona could finish with a really bad record going the rest of the way. Palmer may have played his last down in the NFL, and I'm guessing they're taking his replacement with their first pick in the upcoming draft. They were probably going to do that already, but I just hope we don't cut it close with them in terms of draft order. Probably won't, but I wanted them to go 6-10 or maybe 8-8 for the year. Now they might be lucky to go 4-12. 

They got three wins, we won't get more than that. 

The Bears beat the Panthers, 17–3, thanks to those two Jackson touchdowns while Trubisky went just 4-for-7 passing. It was the first time a team had thrown fewer than 10 passes in a game since 2011 — when Tim Tebow went 2-for-8 in a win over the Chiefs. Denver’s coach in that game? John Fox. It was the first time a team had thrown seven or fewer passes in a game since 2006 — when the Panthers beat the Falcons 10–3 on the strength of a 4-for-7, 32-yard performance by Chris Weinke. Carolina’s coach in  game? John Fox.

Thought this was funny. Someone posted it in the Gen forum. 

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

we need to make sure to lose to them

On 10/15/2017 at 7:04 PM, StevenK said:

Martavis Bryant wants out. Any thoughts on him coming here? We need another weapon and he definitely brings some height and will be a red zone target. 

I've been following this for the last week or so just because I thought I might be interested. I have to say, the dude is a tool. I really don't want him. I don't know that he's that great, but he's a tool, already been suspended for a year...Yeah, I'm going to pass on him. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

The Browns are starting Kizer again this week. LOL. This is just about the worst look for Hue Jackson. I mean, it's really bad. 

It really feels like they are trying to ensure they get the first pick. That is the only reasoning I can come up with.

Especially against the Vikings defense. The league really should not have put Cleveland in London. 

Great little bit I saw on TV about how badly the Astros were tanking about 3 years ago ($26 million payroill, which was less for the entire team than 14 individuals earned that year)  and how the tanking ultimately paid off in this year's World Series appearance.

8 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Great little bit I saw on TV about how badly the Astros were tanking about 3 years ago ($26 million payroill, which was less for the entire team than 14 individuals earned that year)  and how the tanking ultimately paid off in this year's World Series appearance.

Sports Illustrated had a cover in 2014 with the Astros on it that stated, "Your 2017 World Series Champs". 

If only all tank and rebuild jobs worked like that. 

Archived